I agree I think that circumcision is a mutilation.

I know it's hard for people to hear - especially men who have been circumcised or parents who have circumcised their child.

I was responding to Michah's post:

Comment by Micah Oliver 13 hours ago I recommend Joe and Richard watch this person's videos on circumcision after listening to episode #28. Of special interest as they relate to the episode is the video(s) comparing female and male circumcision. They are all excellent videos, and I happen to like his approach.
http://www.youtube.com/user/freedom0speech

Male circumcision also effects female sexual pleasure. Removing the male foreskin reduces female pleasure when having sex with circumcised male vs an uncircumcised male. It is more pleasurable for a female, to have sex with a male who has a foreskin. It is more easy to climax. External clitoral stimulation is more necessary for a women to climax when having sex with a circumcised male.

Views: 677

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't think you were. I just wanted to clarify. Please don't feel 'shot down' that wasn't my intention. I was honestly trying to get you to expand on your thoughts. I appreciated you're rational tone and totally conur with your thoughts regarding evidence based decision making. This is what I love about atheism. It's not a world view that necessarily puts you on one side of a debate or another.

I am really pleased you looked into this issue. I think (as a mum of 4 & medical student myself) that whether by accident or otherwise you made a decision not to circumcise in line with current medical guidelines.

I am terribly sorry however to hear your son will have to be circumcised as an older child. Wishing you guys all the best.

Nealie

3 years ago I found that I had Anti-phospholipid antibodies.  What sort of Lupus is it?  What can you do, but do your best to know as much as possible and treat it as best you can.
Well good luck - I know that it can be an anxious time waiting for results - the shock / grief cycle that you go through. :)  It takes a while to get it all into perspective and then see how you can go ahead and live with it.  We'll be thinking of you :)
Well it does seem that the research shows that being clean is a matter of washing, not whether you have or don't have a foreskin, tidier I suppose is a matter of personal opinion, and that in fact the stat's show the opposite regarding association of STD's and foreskins - so places with higher STD's also have higher circumcision in American and Africa.  And like you say, although 5% do suffer difficulties and need circumcision for medical reasons, the other 95% can benefit from the advantages of having a foreskin.

People who do what?  Run around calling everyone they don't like a fag?

Or people who look at someone's behavior and try to figure out what may be a contributing factor?

I do the latter.

People who check out other people's privates in the locker room. 

Ah, think I follow you now.

Dr. Kellie gets a pass on this one, though, since ... well, she is a lesbian and is interested in the anatomy of her fellow showerers, as I theorized in my initial post on the subject.  :-D

Alice, feel free to post as many times as you want about circumcision even if there are other discussions. This topic needs a great deal more exposure.

I hope all those who desired factual information will actually visit the link I posted and Alice reposted. It is about the most factual video(s) I have seen on the topic. I said I liked his approach because he addresses many of the arguments for circumcision in a debate type of format where logical fallacies are identified/exposed. It nips them in the bud and forces the argumentation to follow along factual, data-driven lines. You should be able to find links to all the information freedom0speech provides in his video's information. He uses references well.

freedom0speech has reposted a video recently. Its a 33 minute presentation at Georgetown University.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSM-SkwGEf0

My son who is 8 weeks old is intact. I am not.

I also agree that circumcision is genital mutilation. Although I couldn't talk my daughter out of having it done to both of my grandsons when they were born. She didn't think it was even worth discussing.

hi there Alice -  

not all woman only have the c. orgasm - some of us have an inside one.   :)

but, i did not know that about the foreskin.  btw, i am/was jewish and did not circumcise my son - i thought it unnatural.  boy, was there an uproar  :]

Hi Alexa - yes my point was about the lack of stimulation that a women gets internally when the man has been circumcised.  Perhaps I bit of loob could do the trick any how :)  But circumcision does reduce the sensation provided.

Well done for going against tradition... :) - not just because of this issue - but because it is a challenge to stand up for what you believe against the strong tie of tradition and cultural values and it takes strength and courage to do so - and sometimes it is important to do so - because there are better ways...

thanks, alice  :]

I would rather look at a circumcised penis than a hoodie.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service