Atheist Nexus Logo
I think one of the things that we far too often overlook in this country is that fact that genital mutilation of newborn boys is common practice, if not standard. Why isn't there more of a cry against this? Do the benefits of circumcision (if any, and I don't see any valid argument that there are any) outweigh the cost and mutilation of a boy?

Of course circumcision isn't the only genital mutilation in the world, but it's the only type in practice in the United States. Female genital mutilation is just as barbaric, if not more so. Americans, and Europeans in general, ban female genital mutilation of babies, but why the hypocrisy in not doing the same for males?

Tags: Christianity, God, Judaism, circumcision, clitoral, covenant, genital, mutilation

Views: 2002

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Although some would like to, how could you explain Europe remaining normal and not routinely circumcising. In the world today, the biggest tghreat to a child's foreskin is Islam.

It insists upon circumcision and all men who would approach Mecca on a pilgrimage, must first be circumcised.
There 50 times as many cut Muslims as there are cut Jews. Muslims make up between 2/3 and 3/4 of the cut males on earth.
I'm trying to imagine a situation in which any parents would let their minor child, who is old enough to know what he is talking about (about 13-18 years old), get part of his penis cut off.

kid: Hey mom, I have a great idea. I think I should cut part of my penis off in an exceedingly painful procedure that has no medical benefit.

parent: Maybe we should go to therapy instead.

Sure, I'll let my daughter (now 4 years old) get her ears pierced before she turns 18. Ear piercing has no medical benefit, but there are risks. However, those risks and pain involved are a lot smaller than cutting off a foreskin. But I would never even think about getting her ears pierced before she specifically asks for it and is able to care for them herself.
Pisses me off every time I think about the fact that I had no choice. I actually had a friend who was circumcised when we were like eight. :/ Imagine how he must feel. they straight up lied to him.
When you say they lied to him....what did they tell him was going to happen? :-(
Many who are circumcised are told it will not impact their enjoyment level, which is usually false.
I must be alone in my views over here but I am totally pro-circumcision. Simply because I've slept with both cut and uncut men. It looks soooo much better... I never knew what to do with that flap of skin anyway. It seemed pointless and made me avoid oral sex. Saying that- I do not know any women who prefer men with foreskin but I know many who don't mind if men are circumsized or not. But me, I don't even like the look of dildos made to look uncut...
Then I guess I'd report him to police, Met seems to be very much against it.
The only way a dildo can look "uncut: is if it's not erect. A flaccid dildo seems pretty useless to me!!!!
It has that extra ridge below the head that looks like a retracted foreskin, du-uh! lol
Simply not true/realistic.Your last time seeing an erect uncircumcised penis must have been a very long time ago. The ridge is all glans. As the erection lengthens and thickens the penis, the foreskin nearly disappears from sight

So whatever uncircumcised dildo you saw was a con.
Unfortunately you're not alone in being pro-circumcision. Far too many people are of the same opinion. Be glad that people don't feel that way about women. I hope that mutilating boys' genitals is justified so that you "like how it looks." Do you realize how fatuous that sounds? Sorry to sound so hostile but we're talking about a violation of someone's fundamental human rights to their bodies, and subjecting them to an UNNECESSARY PAINFUL procedure so that women like you can enjoy the sight.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service