Churches offering Sunday $ervices for short attention spans (great comments at URL!)

aha! see!
"Eastern Orthodox churches also have no plans to abbreviate their services, which can top more than two hours each Sunday.

"Services are meant to be spiritual; they're meant to be sensory; that takes time," said James Carras, a member of St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Fort Lauderdale. "When I go to church, it takes a while to get into the zone, to let go of business or how the Dolphins are doing. The liturgy helps guide you into that zone."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/delray-beach/fl-episcop...

no lie folks I noticed my first person w/sign waving 'drive thru prayer'

wether u do your jail I mean mass time long or short it's all a waste of precious time; in your one life to live..

ha~

Tags: pray, prayer

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Rosary

$0.99
Product Description
(And this isn't the only app for iPad/iPhone for catholics, either. Way ahead of everyone else, it seems).

Pray the Holy Rosary from your mobile phone or tablet.
This app will help guide you in praying the Rosary or Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Set to the background of Gregorian music, beautiful pictures and bible verses for each Mystery will help you meditate and reflect. All the prayers and scripture verses for each Mystery are shown (including the Luminous).
Easy to use and no prior knowledge of the Rosary is needed, perfect for Catechism students and families wanting to learn the prayers. Catholic bible verses are used for each Mystery. This app will remember where you left off when life interuptions occur, perfect for busy families.

OMG Tony, the only thing missing from that app ad is

" MY POCKET ROSARY FROM RONCO and as a free gift to you today from the Fisher of Men himself, the RONCO POCKET FISHERMAN! Yours free, you pay only S&H!"

When Ratzinger was elected Pope, they asked him what he wanted to change his name to. He ultimately settled on Benedict, but his first choice was EEL. He really wanted to be Pope Eel, the Pocket Fisherman.

Heh!

haaaa iprayer! neeegaaahhhh please

Church attendance is down so I guess they are having to be more creative.

aha! danger!

LOLoud

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service