Churches offering Sunday $ervices for short attention spans (great comments at URL!)

aha! see!
"Eastern Orthodox churches also have no plans to abbreviate their services, which can top more than two hours each Sunday.

"Services are meant to be spiritual; they're meant to be sensory; that takes time," said James Carras, a member of St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church in Fort Lauderdale. "When I go to church, it takes a while to get into the zone, to let go of business or how the Dolphins are doing. The liturgy helps guide you into that zone."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/palm-beach/delray-beach/fl-episcop...

no lie folks I noticed my first person w/sign waving 'drive thru prayer'

wether u do your jail I mean mass time long or short it's all a waste of precious time; in your one life to live..

ha~

Tags: pray, prayer

Views: 252

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not many comments but liked a couple. Drive up communion would seem like the next step.

Put the service on a podcast (subscription, of course) on your children's iPhone. Put the headphones on the kids while they're playing video games, and you and your partner go off somewhere for some "quality" time. The church gets their $$$, you get to "relax," and your conscience is assuaged knowing they heard something about Jesus while they're enjoying themselves slaughtering video representations of humans on an apocalyptic war game. Everybody wins!

Over the coming years, as church attendance continues to dwindle further, it will be interesting (comical?) to see what desperate acts churches will do to keep cheeks in their pews. 

I have a sneaky suspicion that as small church congregations die out because they can't afford to operate, the tenaciously religious members will be absorbed into larger churches.  I think we'll be seeing the rise of more mega-churches.  I also think more people will be willing to sit at home and watch televised services rather than travel a greater distance to some mega-church.  Television church won't just be for the "shut-ins."

there's still social dysfunction and kids that have no extended families.. say autistic.. flatscreen suckers.. perhaps they'll find non-religions:

but yay.. w/o parks rec.. they'll have mothers that falter
fathers that don't care.. they'll end up drawn' into a place of war'ship... USA's good at that...
?

Well you can have a drive-thru wedding and funeral, so why not a drive-through communion? lol.  At least you'd get a free cracker!

When it comes to religion, there's no such thing as a "free lunch" - with or without crackers.

LOL Melinda that cracked me up! Economical service!

@ Tammy, :)

hehe - you are so funny

drive through blessings and baptisms next !!

Starting to sound like a car wash!

Lol, drive-thru baptisms!

Services via Twitter.  Praz Gzuz!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
3 hours ago
Joan Denoo liked nice girl's blog post Why I am here
3 hours ago
Jason Andrews commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
3 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
4 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
4 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
5 hours ago
Freethinker31 commented on DAN DANA's blog post This Is How the Gaza War Will End
5 hours ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
5 hours ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
5 hours ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
5 hours ago
BIPLAB DAS posted an album

anti superstition programme

its our regular antisuperstition school programme. this time we are in CHHATNA GIRLS HOGH SCHOOL of BANKURA DISTRICT in INDIA. we are disclosing the miracle behind FIRE WALKING.
5 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service