http://www.npr.org/2011/12/16/143595854/writer-christopher-hitchens... 

So ends an era... Thanks for you help Chris. You will be missed.

Views: 374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm crying.

Ahhhhh, NO!  Too soon!  Too soon!

I hope someone publishes collections of his articles.  His work is timeless.

His voice, in print or in audio/visual will continue to be heard by many, for years to come. The world has lost a very profound and articulate mentor. We will miss him...

Johnny Walker tonight in his honor.

I may actually break out my 18-year-old MacAllan for him.  It doesn't have the edge that the Johnny Walker has, but it has one thing in common with the Hitch: CLASS.

Ooh, nice. Drink one to Hitch for me too.

sounds like a plan Loren.  i'm off to the liquor store to buy something similar.  what a tough morning. 

He might be passed away, but I'm sure the wake he helped trigger has just begun.

I'm sure many will be raising their glass to him tonight.

A sad loss not only for his family and friends but for all those he inspired  to find their voice!

We knew it was coming but I'm devastated: he was a brave man with a great mind. He will be missed. Who else will have the equally vicious and refined wit to take some of these deluded deists and theists to task? We lost our figurehead and battering ram.

This is so sad but I will be raising a glass in a toast to him.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Idaho Spud commented on DAN DANA's blog post RR Excerpt #11: Most Scientists Are Atheists
6 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Sentient Biped's discussion All of the christian religion in one tweet
11 minutes ago
Brent Feeney replied to James M. Martin's discussion It Doesn't Take Long for this Racist Missouri Lawman to Blast Anyone Different from a Middle-Aged White Male
11 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Supreme Court increasingly accepting unverified "facts" from amicus briefs in the group Justice For All
26 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan joined Sentient Biped's group
26 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Supreme Court increasingly accepting unverified "facts" from amicus briefs in the group Justice For All
26 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Getting Speech Straight - "Homosexual" is not an LGBT-friendly term in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
28 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Supreme Court increasingly accepting unverified "facts" from amicus briefs in the group Justice For All
32 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan posted a discussion
34 minutes ago
Idaho Spud liked Grinning Cat's discussion Supreme Court increasingly accepting unverified "facts" from amicus briefs
36 minutes ago
Pat replied to Sentient Biped's discussion All of the christian religion in one tweet
38 minutes ago
Luara replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Getting Speech Straight - "Homosexual" is not an LGBT-friendly term in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
38 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service