I was walking through Home Depot yesterday, and saw that they had up a Christmas display. Personally I think that there should be a law against putting up Christmas decorations and playing Christmas songs before Thanksgiving. Anyway, it got me thinking. All the Atheists I know celebrate Christmas. I think we should keep the Christ in Christmas and give it to the Christians. Instead, we should celebrate X-mas. Any thoughts?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I celebrate X-mas. I call it that and everything. What I want is some X-mas music!
This is exactly what I was thinking when I posted, but I didn't know how many people heard of Futurama. I also thought about calling it A-mas like Jeff suggested or Atheiestmas, which sounded kind of corney to me. I just wanted people to have fun with it. Thanks for posting the Video.
How about Christ-myth? Lol.
Love Christmyth. Thats too funny.
Well Merry Christmyth to ya then (that was the blog heading on my Christmas post last year :-)
Great! May I steal the image for my Christmyth blog this year (I'll give credit to you :-).
Thanks! Much appreciated.
This is genius.
Ohhhh,I do like the way your mind works!
xmas? wtf is that
we're at 11.x unemployment and rising!?
more to come w/out proper tech and green solutions education

fzuck xmans
there are no so much lights as compared to 10 years ago down here in 33024
any lights that are up have blood money on them
who can afford the damn FPL bill!??!?!?

arrest Charlie Crist and Rothstein at the same time already!
...no matter how it´s called, or if it´s a pagan or a christian festivity, it comes from religion, including the existence of "god" or "gods", and as an Atheist you decided not to belive in this humbug. For sure it´s good to have some "free" days, but as it´s a "religious" "holy"day, you simply shouldn´t celebrate...
I don't celebrate it, so what to call it isn't much of an issue for me. I admit that I have very little understanding as to why an atheist would want to be a "cultural Christian," but it doesn't bother me that others find it worth celebrating. I just don't happen to share their sentiment.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Pat replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
4 minutes ago
matthew greenberg replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
5 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
16 minutes ago
Grinning Cat posted a photo
26 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to L. Alcorn's discussion Early Christianity
28 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
38 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
38 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to James M. Martin's discussion Queerty Interview With Author of New Book About Judy Garland, Big LGBTQ Icon: Judy on Religion in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
43 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Nose Nerve Cells Repair Man's Severed Spinal Cord in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
47 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
51 minutes ago
Joan Denoo commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
55 minutes ago
jay H commented on Deidre's blog post 50 Shades of Sexism: Hip Hop & Songs About Degrading Women
57 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service