According to the Bible, "the fool says in his heart there is no God" (Psalm 14:1) and this April 1st, some Christians will honor the day by praying for atheists. At least those who are joining the Pray for an Atheist fan page on Facebook will.

And they'll be praying for us by name! (more here)

Tags: Christianity, stupidity

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's okay. Counter with this quote:

"A fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.'
A wise man shouts it from the rooftops."
Mark Palmer
http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/and-the-winner-is?commentI...

Fight rhetoric with rhetoric!
If a fool is the worst thing they can come up with...and praying is the "solution" to our "foolishness"....let the games begin!!! Praying is a harmless activity. It's not offensive to me because it has no effect.

They could spend the day cursing atheists and damning us all to eternal hellfire and it still wouldn't offend me. It's more amusing than anything else....THAT'S what April Fool's Day is all about...amusement.
I wanted to declare April Fool's our holy day. I got there first. Tell them to fuck off.
Best April fools joke ever, to bad they will never get it.
It's alright. We'll just be examples of when prayer fails.
Irony, thy name is Christian.
If they do it - they're trying to save us and is coated with the best of intentions.

If we do something like this (like hold a conference on religion on Apr 1st or some such thing) - then it's indicative of us being insensitive/elitist/intolerant/etc etc etc

Hypocritical clowns!
It seems quaint and harmless but at all year long they are brain washing their vulnerable children with toxic thinking which is difficult to unlearn later.
If you're a Facebooker, you can join the counterpoint group "Think for a Believer."

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Think-For-A-Believer/111298458882705?...

Looking over the 'Pray for an Atheist' wall, it seems as if a large proportion of the so-called fans are atheists who joined simply so they could post taunts at the nutters-of-gid who came up with this silly idea.
I believe that the irony is that Christians is using the most useless weapon against Atheists on April Fool's... Prayer!!!!
What a waste of a day huh? Couldn't they be out feeding the hungry or giving medical treatment to those that may not be able to afford it or picking up trash on the side of the road or tidying up cemeteries or something more useful?
Seriously..there are so many more constructive ways to spend the month of April. I read the article more closely and they actually are praying throughout the month of April...April Fools' is just the "kick-off" day. It's a praying MARATHON.

I found a funny definition of prayer from one of those "de-motivational" posters:

PRAYER: How to do nothing and still think you're helping

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service