The Religious Right is very unhappy with Capt. Jack Sparrow, or at least the actor who plays him in movies. Focus on the Family, the evangelical lobbying group founded by James Dobson, is saying "we are sickened by Mr. Depp's behavior," but Pat Robertson's Christian Coalition goes even farther. According to them, Depp has condemned himself to eternal damnation. “I’m sure he thinks he’s being very funny but he’s simply a disgrace. One day, Johnny Depp and his cronies will face the judgment of our Lord and they will burn in hell for this filth,” said spokesman Lee Douglass.

Why? Because of a song.

More here.

Tags: Indie Rock, Johnny Depp

Views: 1230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my message to lee douglass..

"ok johny depp will burn in hell while bin laden was in heaven with 72 virgins...hahahahahaha"

Ahhh! Condemning blasphemy!  One of the pleasures Pat Robertson, James Dobson, the Taliban, and the Iranian Ayatollahs all have in common.  That, and pretending to be persecuted.

Great song...good lyrics and well sung...

Wow.  Well my Atheist daughter thinks Johnny Depp is hot!  She won't mind burning in hell if it could be with him! :)

I really like Johnny Depp -- even more so if the christians don't like him.

Johnny Depp is great! I've been a fan of his for a long time.
Look at it this way; Mr Depp has talent, undeniable good looks and has done some pretty amazing movies. Hell, I adore the guy and all he does and I am a rather unremarkable Yorkshire bloke: ( bit ard to be soft up 'ere,) but thankfully devoid of that most heanous of "sins" jealousy, wich in it's way is rather ironic. Talentless sheep of any denomination have no hope of bieng lauded, nor do they apparently yearn for such accolade so why do they bother their uber selves with the godless trivialities of such as we?( sorry, should not have opened that third bottle of vino. )
Look at it this way; Mr Depp has talent, undeniable good looks and has done some pretty amazing movies. Hell, I adore the guy and all he does and I am a rather unremarkable Yorkshire bloke: ( bit ard to be soft up 'ere,) but thankfully devoid of that most heanous of "sins" jealousy, wich in it's way is rather ironic. Talentless sheep of any denomination have no hope of bieng lauded, nor do they apparently yearn for such accolade so why do they bother their uber selves with the godless trivialities of such as we?( sorry, should not have opened that third bottle of vino. )

Ah they are always saying stupid crap like this...It means as much as them saying he's going to mars. Pathetic losers.

“In heaven all the interesting people are missing.” ~ Nietzsche

Dying man couldn't make up his mind which place to go to -- both have their advantages, "heaven for climate, hell for company!"
-- Mark Twain

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service