Christian Group: Fast 40 days to prevent gay marriage.

Virginia is for lovers? Family Foundation of Virgina calls on christians to fast, pray, and repent for 40 days to prevent gay marriage.

http://www.citizenlink.com/2014/04/21/virginia-40-days-of-prayer-fa...

"We don’t know what the Lord will do. We do know that He is sovereign." So I guess is the supreme court eliminates discriminatory legislation and opens the way for gay marriage, it' god's will. Cool! He does work in mysterious ways!

But meanwhile, I wonder how many christians will take on this group's call for a hunger strike. Does that include giving up communion? No grape juice and crackers?

Can we encourage them to start now and fast through to October, instead of waiting until August? I think that would show more sincerity.

Mormon Trestin Meacham did the same thing in Utah, but only for 2 weeks. He said the next time this happens, he will give up football instead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535126/Trestin-Meacham-end...

I think I will give up eating kale, until the supreme court finds in favor of gay marriage. That'll show them.

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In this case, staging a hunger strike to supposedly force a government to maintain a bigoted status quo sounds a bit too much like the spoiled brat who threatens to hold his breath until he gets his way.  As Daniel stated above, we've been here before with Meachem, and he couldn't go the distance.  My sense is that these idiots are no different.

Legal gay marriage is coming.  You can lead, follow or Get Out of The Damned Way!

How is fisting supposed to prevent gay marriage?

Ohhhh ... I must have misread that.

May the force be with you SB and may the Flying Spaghetti Monster wrap you in his noodley arms.

Lers just hope that when the 40 day are up and nothing has changed, they'll go straight into another 40 days, and then keep repeating the process. After a few months the number of evangelical bigots should be diminished. ;)

I like your idea Wiley!

If they alse dont drink water, they will dry out like mummies. Christian jerky for the god. Chewey and a little musty, like those dried mushrooms in the produce section.

Christian JERKy is right!

@wiley, now that's something I could pray for.
This pisses me off no end. My 10 year old g daughter told me yesterday that some teachers in her school had a prayer meeting before class. They hold it in private so I can't say anything about it but... at some point my g daughter heard them say that gays were going to hell. Her brother, my gson, is gay. If I knew which ones it was I'd be at school raising hell. I can't change their stupid opinion but I can try to keep the idiots from spreading it to young children.
It makes me mad!!

k.h., if your granddaughter was able to hear them say that, then I think you certainly have the right to say something!  They shouldn't be allowed to let students hear what they are saying!  Those idiots!  And they are allowed to teach our youth!  Aaarrrggghhh!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service