Chrisitan "pro-marriage" group: US Govt to support economyic polygyny.

Marriagepolicy.org

The "pro-marriage" (ie, antigay) group "The center for marriage policy" has a new argument on their webpage:  

"by legalizing same-sex marriage, women regardless of their sexual orientation will marry other women in order to collect government benefits in an “arrangement of government-sponsored economic polygyny,” placing... an unconstitutional and discriminatory social and economic burden on men. “Sexual orientation does not matter when two women marry and become ‘married room-mates,’” Usher writes. “They can still have as many boyfriends as they want, and capture the richest ones for baby-daddies by ‘forgetting’ to use their invisible forms of birth control.”

I really should quit reading news articles.  It's just too much.  

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My reaction to this ... "article" ... is succinct, to wit:

Say WHAT?!?

[Excuse me, I need to go get my wading boots. Seems the BS has gotten a touch DEEP here....]

I guess foreign women shouldn't marry American men then.  Since some of them do it just to get green cards.  (Yes, I am aware that men do this as well.)

wow.....just fuckin'.....wow.....

I second Matt.

It's amazing how prescient the religious right considers itself.  In any circumstance they can predict how people will behave -- "illegals" flocking into the US to pop anchor babies, for example.  That their predictions never come true bothers them not at all. Perhaps what we should ask is "What changes would bring about a more desirable situation than at present?"  But then, desirable to whom?  Their utopia is my dystopia. 

Why the hell didn't I think of this before!! I'm gonna run right out and marry a couple of my female friends so's I can sign up for all them "guvmint" benefits floating around out there.  What the hell was I thinking when I married my husband, finished nursing school, and got a job?  Why, I could have been enjoying lesbian love, entrapping rich baby-daddies and sponging up bennies all at the very same time!  Too bad I'm now menopausal and can't pop out babies for cash anymore.  Damn, what a missed opportunity. 

Bleeding Jesus on a stick - is there any argument that is too ridiculous for these theotard bigots to trot out?  Apparently not, because they all know that not only are gay people utterly depraved, but all women since Eve are evil temptresses out to ruin it for men with the vile attractions of their insatiable genitalia.  Way to combine both stupid tropes into one overwhelmingly retarded argument against gay marriage.

Now Im confused.  I always thought it was men who had insatiable genitalia.

Probably right.  Maybe even the brownies.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service