If you had to choose a theocracy to live in which would you prefer? Personally, Islam would always be my least desirable option.

I understand that none of us would prefer to be forced to live under and submit to the ideology chosen by another person; we want that "none of the above" option. This question isn't about that though. This question is intended to force you to consider which religion is the most dangerous, the most detrimental.

American atheists seem to be generally ignorant about Islam and it's increasing threat, not only to freedom from religion, but to freedom of any kind. This is evident by the relative lack of discussion about Islam on the Atheist Nexus. If you are ignorant (which is no bad thing unless it is intentional) then I urge you to research the Islamization of Europe and the state of affairs in Islamic countries in Africa, the Middle East, and around the world. Below are a few resources which will hopefully inspire/incense you into doing this.

Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy: Inside a school for suicide bombers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoGJP02CtPA

Pat Condell on Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyNQ1zc-q74

Pat Condell on the ground zero Mosque
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjS0Novt3X4

I don't necessarily argue that we should be using the cold-war era tactic of buttressing the position of the church in the home and in the government. I do strongly argue that we should identify the greatest threat to our freedom and we should not simply speak up about it but act, with hostility if necessary, against any threats to our freedom. Islam respects nothing but force and if we continue to allow it to make inroads in positions of power and culturally then we will be left with absolutely no recourse but violence. Act now if you prefer a non-violent solution because there may come a day when that option no longer exists.

Tags: freedom, ideology, islam, islamization

Views: 463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this is for Amer and not for Felch (I simply didn't have a reply button to answer Amer).
What do you want to say Amer? Don't protect us and say what you have to say. I think we are mature enough here on AN, we can handle it.
From experience of the past I can tell it would be highly undesireable because people usually don't like the naked truth.
What do you think is the truth?
Yes Virginia, the U.S. govt. screwed up and left Afghanistan to it's own devices when the Soviets left because the short-sighted idiots at the Federal level didn't really care what happened in that part of the world generally. They thought that when the Cold War ended everything would turn out just fine and even the most backward countries would start clamoring for capitalism instead of pining for a return to the Middle Ages. Making things even worse, once our intelligencia realized that Osama Bin-Laden was a real threat and they showed a certain President (Clinton)the proof, his backbone turned to mush and he didn't have that Islamofascist eliminated when the opportunity was there. But I digress. There is enough blame to go around throughout the world as far as failing to try to stop religious nutjobs is concerned. For example, the Brits could have stamped out Wahabism even before WWI if they had looked at the threat seriously. Instead they just ignored it and allowed it to infect all Middle Eastern and Central Asian Islamic nations and the cancer spread.
Taraki wanted to drag Afghanistan into the modern world. The country was stagnant and backward. He just asked the wrong superpower to give him a hand. Yes, the U.S. trained and armed the muhajhadine (they became Taliban later) and they appreciated it so much they buddied up with Al-Quieda. The rest, as they say, is history.
What Taraki wanted, apart from that thing, US somehow knew it coming. So billions of Dollers were invested in the region much before Sovit invasion(or may be the sovit invasion was a response to that).
Things were not as simple as "Mujahidin Training". To get the Army of God, fudamentalism was to be promoted in the society. It was not done only in Pakistan but in the whole of Islamic world. Religious schools were opened in thousands with US money. Al-Azher University and Saudi Govt. were influential tools in order to promote Talban version of Islam in the region. Those religious schools are still working, fundamentalism deeply rooted in the societies of the region. Only taking example of Pakistan, one of most modren society in Islamic world in 70's went back in the dark age with the help of US money.
If US had to fight USSR, it should have done it trough regular armies. It didn't had the right to push back our societies into dark ages.
A rant.

NONE!!
Wafa Sultan explains as well as anyone can why Islam is a threat to western values, even more than the local dogma.

My mind can't even comprehend the notion of ever choosing either one, to me both are equally dangerous and very bad for society! There are christians who are more extreme then others and the same goes for islam. Not all islamic believers are that bad. The religious belief itself is whats dangerous, pushing people to go to extremes to prove they are worthy or what not. Christianity and islam are very similar in alot of ways there are just as many christians pushing their beliefs, trying to take away the freedom of individuals who don't share the same views as them and millions of them can be just as extreme as islamics. They hurt, kill, and torture in just the same way as all the rest and at the end of the day not feel a bit of shame because they believe they are doing it in the name of their god! I believe if I was ever put in the kind of situation to where I was forced to choose one I would have to go with the consequences of choosing neither, I dont believe I could live with myself If I were to follow either one or be told I must raise my children to believe in that sadistic crap!
I agree with you. Both of these religions have the same potential.

Let me ask my question another way, by way of analogy. Suppose you live in a region of Italy where organized crime has been controlled by the same family for centuries. They have been responsible for much bloodshed and have dominated business as well as the lives of the people. Times have changed though and the family doesn't have quite the influence they once had. Consequently the situation is currently relatively calm. However, foreign mobs are arriving and competing in the same area. The tactics of these new mobs are no more brutal but they are used with far greater frequency and passion than the local mob.

Which mob is more deserving of your immediate attention? What tactic will you use to utterly eliminate these mobs and prevent them from being replaced by another, if such is even possible?
Islam is backward, authoritarian, fatalistic and intolerant, much the same as Christianity was a few centuries ago. That makes Islam the more dangerous of the two currently.

According to this video the growth of Islam in the USA has tripled since 2001 and there are 20,000 new converts every year.
Neither, as both are basically the same in teaching and deceiving all those who follow them and converting them into a bunch of brainless followers blindly following an aging system that in our current times impedes human progress.

Of course, this is my opinion.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service