If you had to choose a theocracy to live in which would you prefer? Personally, Islam would always be my least desirable option.

I understand that none of us would prefer to be forced to live under and submit to the ideology chosen by another person; we want that "none of the above" option. This question isn't about that though. This question is intended to force you to consider which religion is the most dangerous, the most detrimental.

American atheists seem to be generally ignorant about Islam and it's increasing threat, not only to freedom from religion, but to freedom of any kind. This is evident by the relative lack of discussion about Islam on the Atheist Nexus. If you are ignorant (which is no bad thing unless it is intentional) then I urge you to research the Islamization of Europe and the state of affairs in Islamic countries in Africa, the Middle East, and around the world. Below are a few resources which will hopefully inspire/incense you into doing this.

Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy: Inside a school for suicide bombers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoGJP02CtPA

Pat Condell on Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyNQ1zc-q74

Pat Condell on the ground zero Mosque
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjS0Novt3X4

I don't necessarily argue that we should be using the cold-war era tactic of buttressing the position of the church in the home and in the government. I do strongly argue that we should identify the greatest threat to our freedom and we should not simply speak up about it but act, with hostility if necessary, against any threats to our freedom. Islam respects nothing but force and if we continue to allow it to make inroads in positions of power and culturally then we will be left with absolutely no recourse but violence. Act now if you prefer a non-violent solution because there may come a day when that option no longer exists.

Tags: freedom, ideology, islam, islamization

Views: 493

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"A pretence fuelled by an ignorance the author accuses of others. There is plenty of discussion about Islam and its adherents."

With all due respect, scan the discussion topics and you will notice that not 1 in 10 mention Islam. That is my perception anyway.

I may only be pretending to think here, but that's a philosophical question I don't want to get into. Your are correct that I am attempting to provoke some serious thought on the subject and based on the comments so far I feel justified in having done so.
Christianity is no more tolerant than Islam. Anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional and willfully ignoring what Xians did every single time they came to absolute power. What's stopping them now isn't the peace and love inherent in their religion, it's the societies their religion is in that rejected their thirst for blood.

Ask a Native American (North or South), anyone accused of being a witch ever, a homosexual in Uganda, or the absurd amount of people the Catholic church has killed how tolerant Christianity is.

So the choice is neither. The only choice is to fight to the death no matter which one you're stuck in.
If you had to choose a theocracy to live in which would you prefer? Personally, Islam would always be my least desirable option.
Usually athiests say if they got to choose a religion,they will choose "other than what they have left".(I usually say I will choose chritianity because it is less voilent and ......). This kind of behavour comes out of following reasons.
1- Less knowledge about other religions.
2-Lack of knowledge about practical problems other religion creates in the society in which it is a dominent religion.
3- Reaction against left religion and resistance faced by athiests from its followers.

For me Islam is the worse choice of all possible religions.
Neither, but Christianity is more humane out of the two, so I'd pick christianity...

Actually, if I had to pick a faith, it would probably be either Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism or Confucianism...
Werent the crusades launched because the Muslims were launching their own crusades in the Middle East? They just wanted it to be CHristian.Thats what wikipedia says anyways.
Actually YES. The many reasons the pope agitated for crusades were :

1> closure of the holy land to pilgrims.
1a> It also gave an outlet to christians who were for the most part fighting against each other.

2> military action by muslims against christians.
2a> Spain was invaded in 711 ad, the first crusade was launched in 1095 ad, thats several hundred years of putting up with jihad without a major (continent wide) military response.
2b> Mohammed himself went on crusades (the warlike kind, it is integral to islam no mater what the pc brigade says).
Thanks for pointing this out. This is in fact historically true and easily verifiable. Christians and Jews even lived peaceably in Mecca under Mohammad's rule. When have non Christians been left alone under an expansionist Christian rule?
Christians and Jews even lived peaceably in Mecca under Mohammad's rule

If they payed infidel tax.
Danny: under Islam, Christians and Jews were generally able to live freely, certainly in Constantinople and Spain.

Not always. When the Almohades toppled the Murabits in Spain, they were notoriously ruthless with Jews and Christians, at least in the beginning.
Sorry. I stumbled over the 'certainly'.
"The thing to note is that under Islam, Christians and Jews were generally able to live freely"

I find that very hard to believe. Wheres you sources? Anyways, regardless its not fine to invade someone elses country and take over a native peoples land and be rulers of it.
Historically, Christians were much worse than Muslims. Christian countries under Islamic authority or Christians living in Muslim countries were clearly less harassed than Muslims in Christian countries or Christian authority. My Transylvania and the other Romanian territories were under Ottoman authority so I know about this. Did you ever hear of Islamic witch hunt or Islamic inquisition? I didn't. Muslims in general were much more relaxed about the other religions. Between Muslims and Christians, I see the Christians being the bad guys of the history. My ancestors were Greek-Catholics so I have no reason to have an emotional bond toward Islam.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service