BAY MINETTE, Alabama — A new alternative sentencing program offering first-time, nonviolent offenders a choice of a year of church attendance or jail time and fines is drawing fire from the American Civil Liberties Union as well as national attention, officials said Friday.

Outrageous and unconstitutional as this certainly is – it is, until overturned, the law in Bay Minette. Soooo, as a discussion point, what would you do if found guilty of some grievous transgression of one of the town's ordinances and sentenced to 6 months in jail or a year attendance at the church of your “choice”​?
My choice ? As I have zero interest in jail (a funny quirk of mine) I would select the most right wing, off the wall church I could find and become the most obnoxious, argumentative asshole that ever darken their doors – and wait for the ACLU to get this bullshit off the books.

Tags: Church_and_State, Jail

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bwahahahaha!
Lawmakers in my state never fail to embarrass the crap out of me. "Think I'll be taking jail, your honor".

I couldn't believe it either. I made a discussion in Hang With Friends about it -- I didn't know you had made one already.

http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/hangwithfriends/forum/topics/jail...
funny how our society thinks being so emotionally crippled that an adult needs an imaginary friend to cope is actually a positive
Jail = going to church.  Or going to church = punishment (OH, how true). Or, the best way to make people hate religion is to force them to practice it.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service