Will you no longer eat at this restaurant?
I don't usually eat fast food - but I don't think I want to support this type of restaurant.
What do you think?

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News

The president of Chick-fil-A, the fast food chain with more than 1,600 restaurants and $4 billion in revenue, has come out against same-sex marriage.

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" Dan Cathy, the company's president and chief operating officer, said in a recent radio interview. "I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

In an interview with the Baptist Press published this week, Cathy doubled down on his stance against same-sex unions.

"Guilty as charged," Cathy said. "We are very much supportive of the family—the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

"We know that it might not be popular with everyone," he added, "but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

The company, founded by Dan's father, Truett Cathy, in 1946, has a history of "unapologetic social conservatism," as the Daily Caller put it. All 1,608 of its stores are closed on Sundays, a day of rest for most Christians.

According to Queerty.com, the WinShape Foundation—Chick-fil-A's charitable arm—donated more than $1.1 million between 2003 and 2008 to anti-LGBT groups, doubling that amount to $2 million in 2009.

Earlier this year, students at Northeastern University protested a proposal to put a Chick-fil-A on its Boston campus because of the company's history of supporting anti-gay organizations. The school abandoned its plan.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/chick-fil-gay-marriage-20110812...

Views: 2119

Replies to This Discussion

Would you believe I did that with a 20+ year old app called Micrografx Designer?  Yupyupyupyup!

Looks great Loren - I would have never thought that - very cool!

I like working with PhotoShop but it is on my old computer and this one doesn't have it. I guess I know what I need to do on my next upgrade. 

Do you use yours in your design work? Was it easy for you to learn? ... being technical, and all. 

I don't think I ever looked at the manual for Designer, Joan.  I just hacked my way through it, and I found it VERY easy to use for simple drafting.

My current problem is that it is a 16-bit application, and won't run on a 64-bit version of Windows, unless it has the compatibility module in it.  Call me screwy, but I'd be willing to pay for that module if it kept just this one app running!  THAT is how much utility I get out of it!

BTW, I'm no designer - just a troubleshooter who knows how to do technical drawing.  I do what I can...

Loren, Good job!  Thanks. 

It's not that he may not know about it, Joan; the man simply Does Not CARE About It ... or them.  All he cares about his his buy-bull and all the wonderful wisdom it supposedly has within its pages.

I'd love to put it to that guy where he'd notice: in his wallet, but I wonder if we could summon enough people, atheists and gay-friendly believers, to get it done.

If we could get the word out and get people to boycott their hatred maybe they would listen.

At least this discussion is a start.

What I cannot understand, is how they come to the idea that Christianity created the 'marriage contract'.... That having been said, even if it were true that their religion spawned the idea, they would still be the ones seeking to 'redefine' marriage, as its original context was not one of monogamy, Solomon had something like 700 wives! So that 'redefining' which they like to accuse the gay community of attempting to do, is that which they themselves are guilty of already with their 'monogamous' marriage contract....

On the logo, I like them both, now we just need some sort of boycott page to link the graphic to.

It doesn't matter to them that they have no basis to assert that the bible is the source of the institution of marriage.  They want to claim that the same book is the foundation of all morality, too, yet I doubt most of them are cognizant of the immorality which is rampant throughout both testaments.

It's yet another case of: "I know what I believe.  Don't confuse me with facts!"

So they're using the old stick your fingers in your ears, stick out your tongue defense!!! The counter to that is a swift poke in the throat!

Boycott is right Joan. It is none of their business who marries whom - I Agree.

Here's another anti-Chick-Fil-A graphic, just on GP's:

I went with black on the negation circle to create contrast.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service