Hello AN,

This is my first exposure to anything atheist! I'm optimistic and excited about meeting good people and forging new friendships.

I consider myself Agnostic, chiefly because a lack of evidence for something doesn't disprove it, IMO.

My life story in paragraph form goes like this: I was born to Ukrainian immigrant parents in Washington DC, 29 years ago. I joined the Navy when I was 19 and served aboard an aircraft carrier near Tokyo, Japan. Today I live in a student co-op and I'm in school to become a Registered Nurse. It's a wonderful life :)

It's a pleasure to be here, and hope to connect with some of you soon!
Cheers,
Andy

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi.
It's nice to be here.
You can look around.
^_^
Many 'nonbelievers' consider atheism and agnosticism to be separate topics. theism concerns with what you believe, and gnosticism with whether you know. So you may be an agnostic atheist, don't believe but don't know, which is the most usual stance around here probably, but there are agnostic theists who believe they can't know but 'have faith' anyway; gnostic atheists who believe the evidence is sufficient to declare God nonexistent, and of course the typical gnostic theist who believes and thinks evidence is everywhere.
I'm taking this introduction opportunity to post some pics of the town I live in. I love it so :)

There are so many wonderful things to see here, and this is just one view from a small butte in the middle of town.

Here's a pic of the University of Oregon campus, which is across the street from my house.

And the Willamette River, which is right down the street. It's perfect for tubing and quick dips on a hot day. It's a magical place.

The Hult Performing Arts center. We also have a fantastic outdoor theatre - the cuthbert amphitheater - which recently hosted a free concert by our symphony orchestra.

A downtown statue of Ken Kesey, local born author and Merry Prankster.

And the beautiful thing is that all this places are minutes away from each other by bicycle!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service