Looking at school for our 2 boys and one of the better schools in the area is a catholic school.

Conrned that if I chose to send them to these schools it woudl be a conflicting message.

"listen to your teachers...but ya that religious guy...be a bit skeptical..."

Anyone gone through this?

Tags: School

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My sister-in-law just graduated from a Catholic school. Luckily, they teach evolution. But, they are a bit behind in academics and updated computers since they dont get funding from the city. It seems like a great idea besides the religious aspect because you are sending your boys to a school where other parents seem to care about their kid's education. This might be more important than anything. It's o.k to not believe in everything and supplement as needed outside of school. Good luck with your decison.
If the school really is better than others, send them.  I have a co-worker who is sending his kids to Catholic school.  He grew up Muslim but is now an Atheist.  He is open with his kids about his opinions and discusses the subject matter with them critically. 

Lots of seculars send their kids to parochial schools.  The kids just need the normal warnings:  if it talks of "god"™, it is lying.

Might I ask how you learned that the catholic school is better than the public school?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Rick Springfield replied to Rick Springfield's discussion Scientific Adam and Eve in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
40 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand commented on Joan Denoo's blog post Capitalism can't work without a poverty class.
1 hour ago
sk8eycat replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
sk8eycat liked Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo liked Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Atheist in FundyLand posted a discussion
2 hours ago
HPhan replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Says Higgs Boson Could Destroy the Universe in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service