Vatican Reprimands a Group of U.S. Nuns and Plans Changes

The Vatican has appointed an American bishop to rein in the largest and most influential group of Catholic nuns in the United States, saying that an investigation found that the group had “serious doctrinal problems.”

The Vatican’s assessment, issued on Wednesday, said that members of the group, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious, had challenged church teaching on homosexuality and the male-only priesthood, and promoted “radical feminist themes incompatible with the Catholic faith.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/19/us/vatican-reprimands-us-nuns-gro...

Tags: catholic, moronic

Views: 305

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think I've quoted this elsewhere, but it's so on point that I figured, what the heck.  Wisdom from The Witches of Eastwick:

Men are such cocksuckers aren't they? You don't have to answer that. It's true. They're scared. Their dicks get limp when confronted by a woman of obvious power and what do they do about it? Call them witches, burn them, torture them, until every woman is afraid. Afraid of herself... afraid of men... and all for what? Fear of losing their hard-on.
-- Daryl Van Horne

Glorious! 

Ain't it the truth. 

(And a big shout out to the Pope!)

I'd qualify it by calling it the truth in places and not universally.  I've seen too often the kind of patriarchal entitlement mindset a lot of men have and it has made me embarrassed to be a man more than once for the behavior of others who shared my sex.  Sure, I've had my share of screw-ups; everyone has 'em, male and female.  I'd like to think, though, that I spend more time NOT being a dick than being a dick.

One hopes, anyway...

I was being flippant. 

Women spend their entire lives defending, justifying, being anodyne, every word offered has to be qualified and made palatable. 

Often times, a black and white statement and a good chuckle is a relief. 

A bit like blonde jokes:  they're not universally true either (and most blondes aren't even blonde), but they're still funny. 

(I did mention the Pope, didn't I?)

Reminds me of this:

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service