Pope Francis Called Gay Adoption A Form Of Discrimination Against C...

Bergoglio is seen as

1) unwaveringly orthodox on matters of sexual morality,

2) staunchly opposing abortion,

3) staunchly opposing same-sex marriage, 

4) staunchly opposing contraception,

5) gay adoption is a form of discrimination against children.

Is that a gleam in his eye as he gazes upon a chalice of gold and silver? 

I wonder, new pope, same old pope? 

“The righteous know the rights of the poor;
   the wicked have no such understanding.” 
 (Proverbs 29:7, NRSV)

Views: 380

Replies to This Discussion

They say he's such an intelligent person - but he still believes the same old crap. It doesn't really matter who gets the job, they will never bring more than minor improvements. We were playing yesterday; green smoke = alien; red smoke = woman; yellow smoke = dandelion; brown smoke = donkey. I voted for the donkey..

Please, Don't make fun of donkeys.  The donkey doesn't know any better, but the azz clowns do!!  Meet the new azz...er Pope, same as the old one!!

I love donkeys, almost as much as cats. In the sixties a Dutch author  wrote a fantasy about having gay sex with the xtian god as a donkey - a lot of xtians were close to a heart attack screaming blasfemy and wanting to have the author killed. I still remenber my parents' purple faces ;-D  There was a trial and a conviction, but  a second trial ended in discharge.  - I hope I found the right words... - So you understand the special nature of donkeys....

donkey (Equus asinus x Equus caballus) is a noble creature ... well, stubborn my be more appropriate, so "donkey" fits. 

Yes Chris, same old, same old. The donkey makes sense to me.

According to CBS News, Jorge eschewed the fancy apartments meant for his position in favor of a simpler place and took a bus to work rather than a limo, so I'm willing to slide him SOME slack, Joan.  However, you are on the nose on ALL the points you brought, as I have heard those same points mentioned in the news reports I've heard.

If this guy wants to continue pushing that BS about condoms increasing the spread of AIDS, then anything he wants to do for the poor is a complete wash against his fixed orthodoxy.  More of the same ... and a donkey would have more common intelligence.

Maybe Jorge just did all that bus riding and humble apartments for appearances to look "good" to others.

I agree, Steph.  I think it is all PR.

I don't think so Steph. You may be right. But there are within some human beings the ability to be compassionate, even if they don't make sense to me. Pope Francis appears to be of the humble streak, with the megalomaniacal belief that he is POPE. Whatever that means. So, I claim to be funny, and it doesn't make me so. 

No slack coming from this quarter! He may be humble, but does he think? 

Jeez, I wish I knew how to me funny; this is the best I can do. 

I heard he wanted to show how modern he was by choosing a more up to date name. He was going to be Pope Eil I. When they asked why that name, he said because he wanted to be Popeil, the Pocket Fisherman.

I can hear the groans now. Apologies to all who never knew who Ron Popeil (American TV marketer), was, and greater apologies to those that did.

Pat ... about your day job?  Hang onto it! [chuckle!]  Of course, Francis' bossman talked about turning his peeps into "fishers of men," albeit without line and tackle, so I suppose there is a connection.

Ol' Ron would be proud, I suspect!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service