As the SCOTUS justices debate marriage equality, Cardinal Timothy Dolan has requested good Catholics to pray for their guidance.  As reported by Queerty.com, here is his prayer:

God our Father, we give you thanks
for the gift of marriage: the bond of life and love,
and the font of the family.
The love of husband and wife enriches your Church with children,
fills the world with a multitude of spiritual fruitfulness and service,
and is the sign of the love of your Son, Jesus Christ, for his Church.

The grace of Jesus flowed forth at Cana at the
request of the Blessed Mother. May your Son,
through the intercession of Mary, pour out upon us
a new measure of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit
as we join with all people of good will
to promote and protect the unique beauty of marriage.

May your Holy Spirit enlighten our society
to treasure the heroic love of husband and wife,
and guide our leaders to sustain and protect
the singular place of mothers and fathers
in the lives of their children.

Father, we ask that our prayers
be joined to those of the Virgin Mary,
that your Word may transform our service
so as to safeguard the incomparable splendor of marriage.
We ask all these things through Christ our Lord,
Amen.

Saints Joachim and Anne, pray for us.

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"The incomparable splendor of marriage" = 50% divorce rate.  The main reason the RCC is against gays and lesbians is that they do not have procreative sex.  This means fewer little brainwashed Catholics to pay tribute to the Vatican.  They regard marriage so highly and look down on divorce so much they let the twice-divorced Newt Gingrich take communion and join the flocks of sheep who fund pedophile priests.

or maybe the idea sharing that takes place in the 'gay' community, which i find FAR more open to honest opinion and debate, may create the forum fostering real solutions to the rcc's ignored and so-called, 'contradictions'. when a local preacher challenged the congregants for an example of 'any alleged contradictions', he COULD NOT make eye contact with our family, he avoided looking in our quarter of the chuch! charlatans and magicians. able to heap tall tales faster than a speeding bullet, the chuch has an answer for everything EXCEPT  our questions....how'd that snake sneak ANYWHERE? it must have been a set-up! there-for, NO freedom of choice, it's an illusion to distract the masses. another one. thanks for your time.

and, they have no taste for fashion...their garments are rediculous...explains part of their jealousies & rude, sick outrageous behavior...they really want out, they're just too instituionalized to do it in a productive manner...yes, lacking manners seems to be one of their strong suits. Lot's can be said about the nasty sick delusional sad souls but think it's time for me to learn something worth knowing now, says my soul. Thanks for the info Mr. Martin.

The grace of Jesus flowed forth at Cana........ Actually, as I recall the story is wasn't grace that flowed, but some pretty good vino. Kept the party going at the wedding. Now, I've been to a few weddings, and it's not all that uncommon for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to sneak off to a secluded location, and, well, you got the idea. Doesn't hurt to have some booze fuel the mutual interest. So, as I'm taking it, dear Jesus, have some more of that grace flow so the party goers can bang each other like a screen door in a hurricane. Then, they get pregnant, be forced to get married, have another wedding, more grace, and keep the little carpet crawlers coming to insure the RCC's coffers continue to be filled in the future.

They also talk about marriage between a man and a woman so they can have children and raise them together.  Soooooo no heterosexual married people adopt?  Just like gay couples can and do?  Or use artificial insemination?  Just like some gay couples do?  Aren't they all just married parents raising their kids?  Or is that ONLY when the kids are conceived through intercourse between a married heterosexual couple.

What a bunch of dicks.

As I read the above prayer I tried to comprehend what was actually being said but in the end it just sounded like, "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc."  Just "flowery" phrases and obscure notions of meaningless abstractions. 

"May your Son, through the intercession of Mary, pour out upon us a new measure of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit....."

WTF?

WTF is right!!!  I couldn't understand his prayer either.  He can go piss up a tree.

Ah, but you hit the nail on the head.  They always rely on the fact that the congregants either don't know their Buy Bulls very well or have read them without comprehending the absurdity of the contradictions and physical impossibilities (God destroys Sodom but puts Lot's daughters up to seducing their father on the one hand and stopping the sun in its tracks on the other).  The congregants are so used to relying on what the priests tell them, they don't bother to question any of it, and as Maslow pointed out the church-goers recite rote -- and therefore meaningless -- litanies week after week, thinking they will surely go to hell if they don't do as they are told.  How sad!  As Voltaire said, "God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."

'You want me to shoot this guy '

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Rick Springfield replied to Rick Springfield's discussion Scientific Adam and Eve in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
46 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand commented on Joan Denoo's blog post Capitalism can't work without a poverty class.
2 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
sk8eycat liked Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo liked Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Atheist in FundyLand posted a discussion
2 hours ago
HPhan replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Says Higgs Boson Could Destroy the Universe in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
3 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service