Cancer like diabetes, hearth disease, asthma, and others is an enviromental condition rather than an viral, bacterial, or fungal disease.

Scurvy was the wrath of long distance travellers until they realized that citric fruits lasted long enough to provide them with the necessary vitamin C during their travels.

Goiter was the wrath of people far away from the sea and salt mines until it was found that sodium is an essential mineral in the human diet.

What is the key ingredient to cancer? What are we missing, or what do we have in our environment that we should not?

Please share your thoughts.

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Booklover, I am not getting your posts. 

Sorry Joan, do you mean you don't understand what I'm saying, or you're not receiving them?

I'm saying I am not receiving your messages. I found them by looking on the list of postings on the right side of desk. I then looked up your home page and can follow your discussions. 

I like what you write. I am in the process of trying to find out how many of my "friends" are not coming to me. So far there are 11 friends' messages that I have not been getting for over a week. 

My next step is to contact Ruth or whoever runs this site. 

Thanks for contacting me. I now know you receive a private message from me. 

I am sorry about your son.  I did not mean to rest importance to type 1 diabetes by grouping all types of diabetes into one.  The reality is that cancer itself has many different manifestations and it is not one single process.

Diabetes is a malfunction of the pancreas to various degrees and from various causes.  I simply used the generic form, and I apologize if it offended you.

I know you didn't mean to offend Quest.  However, that last sentence you just used kind of did offend me because obviously I know what diabetes is, and I just explained you cannot use a 'generic' form to describe it.  It is unbelievably hurtful to people and esp. teens, kids, etc. with type 1 to have ignorant people say "Well if you just ate healthy and exercised, you wouldn't have 'diabetes'.  I was telling you it's not okay to just say 'diabetes'.  A person who knows the difference should always say which type you are talking about, and if you are talking about both, then say type 1 and type 2.  Thanks for saying you're sorry my son has type 1.  I'm sorry too!  He was 10 when he got it and is now almost 18.  He will wear an insulin pump until something better comes along, or there is a cure. :(  It's hell when something hurts your child, no matter their age.

booklover, diabetes has so many unknowns, and type I in young children requires great discipline, not only for the child but for loved ones. I do hope a cure come soon. Funding for this kind of research could speed up better treatment and/or cure. You do a good job of helping inform the public. 

Thanks Joan.  I always try and educate about the difference between type 1 and 2 diabetes.  My son got type 1 at age 10 and he is now almost 18.  I can't imagine parents who have babies and toddlers with type 1!  My son does a really good job managing his type 1, but still, he tests his blood-sugar about 6 times a day.  I am always worried at night he will go low.  If his sugars have been very high or low, I still set an alarm and wake him to check.  This is his life.  He just lives it with this horrible medical condition that could damage his kidneys (he's on an ACE-inhibitor and sees a nephrologist), etc. Thank-you again Joan.~ Melinda

Well it seems that the largest reason cancer is such an issue these days is our expanded lifespans. We're living longer than ever, we've eliminated many other causes of mortality in the first world, and so cancer is a larger issue because we're not dying in childbirth or getting run over by a wheat thresher.

However, I think that the healthier the diet and the less exposure to pollutants and known carcinogens, the better you can arm yourself against cancer in general. Unfortunately that will not always work, that's merely a general promotion of health... which helps to arm us against many diseases and conditions.

Essentially I feel that if you exercise regularly, and your diet includes lots of greens and other disgusting crap, you can at least have a body that is functioning more or less at its peak and is therefore well-armed. But you may still get cancer. Because there is no God.

Are you saying that only people, or mostly people, who outlive their expected lifespan develop cancer?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service