Does anyone know of a website that lists companies who either openly or covertly proselytize? I've surfed the net, but came up with nothing. Apparently, IN-N-OUT Burger is one of those companies who push their religion on it's customers, by placing references to bible quotes on it's products. Check out this pic of the bottom of one of their cups:

http://yfrog.com/1a6perj

I don't patronize IN-N-OUT Burger, only because there isn't one close to where I live. But, I will decidedly avoid them now after seeing this. CREEPY!!!

Views: 406

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a Sonic Drive Inn in my city (one of two, this only applies to the oldest one) that has "God Bless You" on their receipts. It annoys me but not as much as the music they used to play. They started playing oldies rock when they opened but then switched to xtian rock. I complained a few times but got the "privately owned, can do what we want" answer so I stopped going for a number of years. When I did go back they had reverted to oldies. The slogan is still on the receipts, though. I sigh, record the amount, and drop it in the trash. I only go for the Cherry Lime-aids and then only if I'm on that side of town instead of the other.

There is also a dry cleaners which has a HUGE anti-abortion sign on the wall. It's the most convenient for me but not worth it. I would get angry every time I went in there so I stopped using them. We are a small town and a debate with a private business in our overly religious area would do me more harm than good.

And then there is "Six Flags over Jesus" (not it's real name) which is a giant baptist church for whom the city sends police officers to (I kid you not) stop traffic on Sundays so the good little xtians don't have to wait for the red light.

That last one might be a little off-topic. I can remove it if it's a problem.
Thank you. I did not know that about Sonic. I go there once in a blue moon, but never noticed anything "godly" on the receipt. I'll add them to my growing list. :)
don't boycott all of Sonic because of that. The computer program they use allows each individual store manager to set the message printed on the receipt. At the store I worked at in college we changed it about every other day without the head manager knowing...never put anything too bad, but lots of sexual innuendo . mostly just to see if anyone noticed it...they never did
I think I'll make a separate lists for those kinds of businesses who are potentially or "independently creepy". :)
I do not believe it is a corporate thing. We have two Sonics in our city and only one of them practices this policy. Unless you live in South Louisiana you shouldn't have a problem.
There's a church kind of like that out where I live. It's on highway 46 somewhere between San Antonio and San Marcos and whenever church lets out, there are officers directing traffic to let them in and out.
There's a bike shop where I live with all kinds of anti-abortion signs and propoganda. Let them keep it up. We know who to avoid.

The only thing that annoyed me about Sonic was they had an ad that said "fight global warming" and had a picture of all their drinks...I thought that was so tacky.
Yes, I once saw a big rig with "Jesus Christ is not a swear word!" written across one side of the trailer. I thought it would be funny if another big rig could follow behind it with "Yes it is!" written on it. It would have to keep up with the first truck, or else it wouldn't make much sense. LOL
might not be the company though. Many trucking companies have privately owned rigs. So in some cases it may be the owner/drivers choice
The only good thing about IN-N-OUT Burger is that back when you could get their bumper stickers you could clip a few letters and have the funny (albeit juvenile) slogan "IN-N-OUT urge" pasted to your (or an unsuspecting compadre's) car. :-D

Personally I don't care for their food or their lack of choice in what they do serve, so that's why I don't eat there. Could care less what they stamp on the bottom of cups as one would have to be really bored to even notice anyway and it's not like they're managing to subliminally convert people or something.
Come to think of it, IN-N-OUT is a pretty bad name for a food place. Kinda like gulp-n-blow. Just makes you think of how fast the food is going to go through you. Also, the first thing that comes to mind when I think "In and Out" is the gay-themed movie with Kevin Kline.
Pushing their religion on others? They have "John 3:16" printed on the bottom of their cups, that's it. They don't discriminate in hiring practices or with their customers. If it weren't for that little snip, then no one would know that they were owned by a religious family. I'm sorry if you don't like their food, but it's delicious (animal style everything!). I go to In n Out every chance I get, since they don't have one in my city. Getting worked up over this is just ridiculous.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service