Does anyone know of a website that lists companies who either openly or covertly proselytize? I've surfed the net, but came up with nothing. Apparently, IN-N-OUT Burger is one of those companies who push their religion on it's customers, by placing references to bible quotes on it's products. Check out this pic of the bottom of one of their cups:

http://yfrog.com/1a6perj

I don't patronize IN-N-OUT Burger, only because there isn't one close to where I live. But, I will decidedly avoid them now after seeing this. CREEPY!!!

Views: 378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Two companies which seem to have been forgotten: Domino's and Coors, who finance huge parts of the ultra religious right.
Ewww. And I used to work for Domino's waaaaaay back when.
There's no way I'm giving up my Spicy Chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A. It's too damn good. I'll just make sure I'm reading something by Hitchens while I eat it.
If you're a crafter, avoid Hobby Lobby. Their religious music runs me out of there. I just recently decided not to go back. Also, Chick Filet (or however it's spelled) is another religious organization that openly contributes to Pro-Life issues and candidates. I avoid them. I have heard nothing about Whataburger.
If you go into Hobby Lobby's website, you can find this "Statement of Purpose":

Statement of Purpose
our company

In order to effectively serve our owners, employees, and customers the Board of Directors is committed to:

Honoring the Lord in all we do by operating the company in a manner consistent with Biblical principles.

Offering our customers an exceptional selection and value.

Serving our employees and their families by establishing a work environment and company policies that build character, strengthen individuals, and nurture families.

Providing a return on the owners' investment, sharing the Lord's blessings with our employees, and investing in our community.

We believe that it is by God's grace and provision that Hobby Lobby has endured. He has been faithful in the past, we trust Him for our future.

You can find a lot of this type of mission statement for these fanatically religious companies. It seems to be mostly about the money and financing their creepy cause.

As for Whataburger, I've seen "God Bless America" written in big bold letters all over their windows around religious and secular holidays. Kinda makes me want to hurl.
I do not go to Whataburger but one time coming home late at night my husband stopped there. They had some religious themed signs on their windows, I think it was one nation under god or something about ten commandments.
It's not uncommon in my neck of the woods for small businesses to place that little Jesus fish in their logos and print ads. It's annoying, but if a god-lovin' plumber provides good service at a great price, then Praise the Lawd!
Same here. We have a lot of businesses here that have names such as jesus loves you hair salon, or serving the lord landscapers, laying sod for god, cutting hair for jesus glory.
I respect any companies right to do business how they see fit. I also respect my own right not to patronize such establishments. Those who can't keep religion out of business don't deserve my patronage. To this end, there isn't much an individual can do to avoid something at all costs - I try to eat organic, but I'm not going to bitch to the server at Chez Chuck or whathaveyou because I don't think the food is organic (NOTE: if it's a good restaurant with a chef trying to make a name, it usually *IS* all organic...at the very least hormone free). But I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart, Sams Club, and numerous others for political and social reasons. I can happily include a few fast food joints that proselytize.

We must vote and protest with our dollars.

Definitely NASCAR. In fact, NASCAR always have a prayer to Jesus before each race. Just one more reason to be a Formula 1 fan.

Yfrog didn't open for me, but I do know that Chic Fil A has a thing against gay people. Why does a business want to push their religion? It's strange to me. I do know that my theist bosses probably would not keep me if they knew my real views.

Ideas here. Day care has their Christian Academy. Why not start Little Heathen Day Care.

There is an non-religious-oriented summer youth camp.

Its name, as I recall, is Camp Quest.

It has been attacked by some xians.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service