Does anyone know of a website that lists companies who either openly or covertly proselytize? I've surfed the net, but came up with nothing. Apparently, IN-N-OUT Burger is one of those companies who push their religion on it's customers, by placing references to bible quotes on it's products. Check out this pic of the bottom of one of their cups:

http://yfrog.com/1a6perj

I don't patronize IN-N-OUT Burger, only because there isn't one close to where I live. But, I will decidedly avoid them now after seeing this. CREEPY!!!

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

InNOut, Whataburger, and Sonic are the only burgers I'll eat that are fast food.

InNOut was originally started to fund a church, so it has always had its religious influences. However, they are primarily about consumerism now, same as any other company. The only evidence of the religious is if you look at the bottom of the cup in the rim, it'll say John 3:16.
Apparently, IN-N-OUT Burger is one of those companies who push their religion on it's customers, by placing references to bible quotes on it's products. Check out this pic of the bottom of one of their cups:

A reference to a passage in the Bible which one can only see if one turns the cup over or lifts the cup over one's head is hardly pushing their religion on their customers.

Creepy? Hardly, but that is simply opinion. I could not care less about such a placement.

And what's the actual harm caused by their action? I can see none. Seems to me it's much ado about nothing.

Will you refuse your custom to any and all businesses where an employee offers a friendly "God bless you"? Will you complain to management? After all, how dare they push their religion on you!
Much ado about nothing. 1. Who sees the message? 2. Does it effect the food? 3. Is it in your face aggressive? ans: few if any, no, no.
Save your ire for the likes of Hobby Lobby, Chick-Fil-a and Amway who discriminate and/or finance extremist religious organizations or causes.
Stephen,....you are free to do business with any company you wish. Just as I am. This is just one way I choose to engage in my own personal protest against businesses who proselytize. If given a choice, I choose not to do business with those who spread the "god virus" on their products.

I also stamp out the "in god we trust" on paper money with "E PLURIBUS UNUM". It makes me feel good to stamp out a lie with our original national motto.

As I said, it's a matter of choice. I'm just asking if anyone knows of a list, that's all. I may just start one of my own. :)
I doubt that they succeed in spreading the "god virus" at all. Now other foodborne illnesses, maybe...
Chick-Fil-a pushes religion, but believe it or not Church's Chicken is not religious.
I can't remember if it's Chick-Fil-A or another fast food place in our area, but they actually actively discriminate against homosexuals because of their religious views. >.X
You mean if a customer appears gay, they throw them out? Stupid business practices, almost as stupid as the Catholic drug store that didn't sell makeup (or birth control or a bunch of other things.)

I remember having the most bisexual, polyamorous, loud, metal conversation at Chick-Fil-A one time when my friends took me there!
No, the more illegal hiring practices of discrimination. I'd have to ask my sister 'cause it was one of her friends, but if I recall correctly, they asked someone she knew if they were homosexual on either the application, or it came up during the interview. The person didn't get the job.

I went to a pharmacy to refill my b.c. once where the pharmacist was afraid to look me in the eye and stuttered a lot when he started to tell me how to take it. XD Funny thing is, I was a virgin then and was using it purely to control my cycles and hormones, but he obviously assumed.
I'm also on b.c. for the same reason and so are many others! Luckily I haven't had anyone do anything stupid while I was getting it.
Thank you....yes I've heard that too. Never was a big fan of either of those. I prefer KFC. Isn't it great to have choices? :)
I never really cared about the name. The reason I don't go there is because their chicken is too "mushy" (moist) for me. :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service