You know, anything President Obama does is sure to be followed by all sorts of braying and screaming from the Republicans. All he has to do is breathe wrong and the GOP Script immediately kicks in. And just so everyone knows, I'm NOT a supporter of The Obama Fail.

A mutual friend of myself and my buddy David 2 has a saying: The hypocrisy reveals the lie. And it seems that the current minions of the GOP sure know how to be hypocrites. Just how hypocritical? I'll let David 2 - who was ONCE a CARD-CARRYING MEMBER of the Republican Party - clue you in in this week's BRUTALLY HONEST commentary: http://brutallyhonestcolumn.blogspot.com/2014/06/week-of-06092014.html

As always, your thoughts and opinions are welcome, either here or on David's page.

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't forget, the holy repug father himself, god Ronny traded arms for hostages.

Oh, yeah, I haven't forgotten. 

Interesting, thanks for sharing this Brent.

Thanks Ruth, glad you enjoyed it. =)

All [Obama] has to do is breathe wrong and the GOP Script immediately kicks in.

Not quite, Brent; drop "wrong".

All Obama has to do is breathe and the GOP script immediately kicks in.

There is no shame where all is narcissism.

You got that one right Tom. It's almost like Pavlov's dog or something.

I agree with Tom on this one, Brent. That is an informative and well written piece. I too, was once a card carrying member of the Republican Party. Best I can say here is --never again!

Thanks Michael. I'm always glad to share David's stuff with everyone, if for no other reason, to get a bit of discussion going.

I agree with your assessment of GOP's hypocrisy. The tragic story in this episode is the use of Bowe Bergdahl as a political football by the party known as the real fip-floppers of our nation. The dumbing-down of our voters has been accomplished for a purpose, deliberately FOR THE BENEFIT TO THE FEW AND COSTS TO THE MANY!

“I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness...

The dumbing down of American is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance”

― Carl SaganThe Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark 

Mind if I share this with David Joan?

The dumbing-down of our voters....

In the early 1970s, the founder of the political reform group Common Cause spoke in Phoenix (Arizona) and called the region a hotbed of apathy.

Central Arizona was growing like a weed, many people were well off, and mainly those who knew the extent of the land fraud-related corruption were politically active.

The two major newspapers (the Republic and the Gazette, which activists called the Repulsive and the Gazoo) were silent about the corruption. A three-times-a-week newspaper in wealthy Scottsdale made some noise, but the 1976 car-bomb murder of the Republic's investigative reporter Don Bolles woke people up. Wikipedia tells some of the story.

I moved to San Francisco and saw so much more political activity that I asked an activist the reason.

"When your belly rubs your backbone, you stop your TV watching," he replied.

One cause of political inactivity is economic satisfaction. Another cause is news media silence.

So why are conservative folk, more of whom vote in EVERY election, more active than liberal folk? Do they feel more at risk?

Good question! 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service