! Black woman set on fire in Winnsboro LA~ KKK mention wtf?

Moffitt told police the men doused her in a flammable liquid and set her on fire at a park in Winnsboro, a town in Franklin Parish. Lewis said she extinguished the fire using water from a spigot before a police officer arrived. Officers found the letters KKK - an apparent reference to the white supremacist Ku Klux Klan - and a racial slur smeared in a paste-like substance on the hood of her car, Lewis said. On the emergency call, Moffitt described her attackers as three men wearing white hoods or hats, Lewis said. She later told a Winnsboro Police officer who responded to the call that the men were wearing white hoodies. She was unable to say what race her attackers were. The officer found no suspects or vehicles at Civitan Park where the attack allegedly happened, and the park has no surveillance cameras, Lewis said. She said the state crime lab was analyzing several pieces of evidence. Franklin Sheriff Kevin Cobb called it "a horrific event" and said authorities would "follow the facts and seek justice". Otis Chisley, the president of the local branch of the NAACP, a civil rights group, said he had been in touch with Moffitt's distraught family. He said he was waiting for more facts to come to light before drawing any conclusions about what happened and that "everyone wants to move with caution." Regardless of the investigation's outcome, though, Chisley said, racism and KKK activity remain a fact of life in the state. "It's prevalent throughout Louisiana," he said. "It's hidden but it exists."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9627603/...

Tags: hate, ignorance

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

About all I can do here is shake my head and say, "Bloody hell."  I had hoped we were over this kind of crap in the US.  To see its reemergence and even a hint of the Ku Klux Klan puts an ugly twist in my stomach.

If it hasn't happened already, I think it's time for a Zero-Tolerance policy on the Klan and organizations like it.

Sick and Horrible.  Makes me question 'humanity' even more.

Ever heard of a band called Sick Of It All?
Basically part of a global anti'fascist movement since 80's

s

police.. head.. says her DNA was on bottle? or .. that she did it herself?~ 

See this web site:

http://www.splcenter.org/

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service