Hello there,

I joined A.N. a few months ago, and hadn't had a chance to "formally" introduce myself! I'm Asia of the meh state of Texas. I've been out of the atheist closet for about 2.5 years now. Raised Baptist, found Jesus, then "accidentally" lost his number, found him again 2 years later hitting on some drunk guy at a party =).

Edit: Just to let y'all know, I'm writing from Hempstead, TX...yee friggin haw xD

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

An atheist in Texas that is out of the closet? How have they not found and killed you yet?
Lol, but, that aside, welcome to Atheist Nexus! I do hope you enjoy your stay!

(Question: Is your name Asia? Just making sure I understand.)
Si. Me llamo Asia. And I'm just that damn good at dodging their bible bullets =)
'ello! I moved to TX 4 years ago, and was dreading being surrounded by bible bashers - luckily it aint happened yet. Closest I got to "coming out" was telling a mormon evangelist that I reckoned that the book or mormon was a hysterically funny fantasy book. The look on his face was priceless.
I think it depends on where you live. Stay away from the small towns!!!
Hello Asia. I was deconverted by the atheist experience tv show out of Austin, TX on youtube. I live in Alabama, which is more concervative than Texas. The only state we get to look down on is Mississippi. LOL!
Lol, that's a good one!
HAHAHAHA..That was so funny. Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt.
Buenos dias, Asia. <--we're just shattering one stereotype after another here. Atheist who lives in Texas, who's name is Asia and speaks spanish. LOL. Either way, I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. Thankfully Texas is big enough to accommodate theist and nontheist alike.
I only speak very little Spanish lol. Enough to say "no" when presented with a dirty question, curse you out, get to a bathroom, and say my name =). Texas is indeed big enough to accomodate, problem is a lot of them dun wanna accomodate lol.
Me tambien -- regarding spanish. I speak very little. I'm talking -- infinitessimal. But I do know just enough to get beat up. Texas can be daunting. But it kinda makes up for in cheap real estate. What with supply and demand -- and all....
Very true, that's the only thing keeping me here...well that and out-of-state tuition is a b****!
Hell yeah for Black Atheists!!!!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service