What's the BEST line you NEVER used on a Christian but wanted to REEELY bad...?

example:

My fundie ex-mother-in-law once handed me a "letter from God", it was a project their pastor had given them, to write a hypothetical letter from God to themselves, and what they imagined God would say to them and about them, what advice God would give, etc.

It was all pretty mundane stuff, hardly worth commenting on, but the first thought that entered my head (but did not pass my lips) was...

"For the creator of the universe, God can't spell worth a damn...."

Had to bite my tongue to keep from blurting that out...

--JJR

Views: 726

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL and I'm jewish (by heritage only of course :)

Damn. That would have been a good one!

ROFLMAOPIMP

Well this doesn't count as something I didn't say, cuz I said it. But one day a coworker anonymously left a book on my car. Now, having been raised Jewish I had no idea what The Good News was, but as soon as I opened it I figured it out. The next day I came into work shouting, "hey guys, I've got good news!" Then showed them the book. Nobody thought it was funny, but I did figure out who it was from by the look on their face.
You should totally have gone for the Futurama angle, a la Hubert Farnsworth..."Good News, everyone!" ;-)
A friend of my son was over to the house the other day and asked me "Do you have jesus in your heart?". I did not want to start anything with this kid so I held my response. "So that's what this feeling is. I thought it was the pepperoni pizza."
Wow, who is your son hanging out with?
Actually my son is all atheist. This kid he knows is a real anomaly. Loves sci-fi, surfing, is very literate but has this jesus thing. His dad was a real piece of work (praise the lord)
so now that he's gone maybe the kid will come around.
Oh, a good response just hit me for yours - Do you have reason in your brain?
Is that not how Elvis died, on the toilet, with too much Jesus built up in his heart?

Well, shame on me, but I DIDN'T bite my tongue when I told the JW visiting my house that I was an atheist.  She responded with surprise and asked me if I had always been an atheist or if something happened to me to make me an atheist.

My response: "Yeah - common sense."

Good response! :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Future replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
1 hour ago
Loren Miller replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
1 hour ago
Michael Penn commented on nikki summers's blog post atheist billboard
1 hour ago
Michael Penn replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
1 hour ago
John Jubinsky posted photos
1 hour ago
Loren Miller commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
5 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
6 hours ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
6 hours ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
6 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
6 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
6 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service