Billy Graham scion Franklin Graham "likes" Putin-the-invader

Right Wing Watch.

I thought the fundamentalists and republicans might un-like Putin now that he's invaded Crimea.  The Putinistas also don't look so great with the crackdown on free speech.  Graham still likes the Russian president - 

"Isn’t it sad, though, that America’s own morality has fallen so far that on this issue—protecting children from any homosexual agenda or propaganda—Russia’s standard is higher than our own?"

It appears to be mainly that Obama has not exactly been toeing the right wing party line on LGBT rights.  Which is good reason to embrace the man who apparently wants to re-expand Russian hegemony

He's also in "like" mode with Syria's dictator Assad.  

"Syria, for all its problems, at least has a constitution that guarantees equal protection of citizens. Around the world, we have seen that this is essential where Christians are a minority and are not protected. The radicals in Syria want an Islamic constitution based on sharia law"

Yes, all of those dead children, citizens nerve-gassed, and a hundred thousand casualties, including more than 7,000 children.  But he's good for Graham.

Holy sweet Jesus.  American Evangelist supporting Russian warmonger and Syrian mass murderer.  How pathetic.  It's enough that US political conservatives are in love with Putin.  But religious so-called leaders?

Tags: Franklin Graham, Putin

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am wondering what will become of the Crimea invasion. Obama just imposed sanctions and that is all I heard.

Steph, my impression is Crimea, and possible Ukraine, will be absorbed into Russia. Like Tibet absorbed into China. A massive war that potentially kills 10s or 100s of millions could erupt if we intervened militarily. The hard truth that nonRussian Crimeans will be subjected to absorption into Russia seems like a lessor evil. I need to look it up, but I think Crimea is majority Russian, which also must be included in the calculation.

Politically if we do nothing, that makes the U.s look too weak. So sanctions, which probably wont accomplish much, are the logical path.

Conservatives now have to shut up. Supporting Putin for using LGBT people as a hated scapegoat is one thing. His invading another country is another.

Crimea is a majority of ethnic Russians, but not that big of one. Ethnic Russians make up about 58% of the Crimea, with the remainder ethnic Ukrainians and Tartars.

Oh, Franklin, what a shameless hussy.

His father also sucked up to the powerful, like Richard Nixon. But so did Elvis. Maybe it's part of the family business. The difference here is, I don't recall much scapegoating from Billy Graham. Maybe there was and I didn't know. Will have to do some research via duckduckgo on firefox browser. :)

Graham is probably jealous of all the $$$ the professional homophobics are supposedly raking in and wants his cut of the toxic pie.

If you think about it, it's not really all that surprising that Franklin would come out in favor of dictatorial mass murderers, and irredentist thugs. After all, he was raised by a closet anti-semite who supported the Nixon administration that engaged in of a forcible right wing coup in Chile, undeclared and secret war in Cambodia, and and mass murder in Indonesia. Putin and Assad are right up his alley.

Oh - missed this when I commented. Thank you. Time for me to do some research.

This kind of barbaric thinking goes on 24 hours a day all through the ages and doesn't stop until the civilized rise up and say NO! Refusing to submit to such terrorism takes intelligence, courage, vision and perseverance. Freedom is never given, it is taken. Ask any battered person or culture. 

Freedom costs! A lot! 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service