Leviticus 25:44-46''Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them ye shall buy......

women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission as the law says.

The preceded verses are quoted from the bible, and these are few of examples I disagreed with from the bible. The church I attended in the past before I renounce christianity was giving out free bibles to little children, and the children were often charged by their Sunday school teachers to read random passages from the bible during their own personal devotion. But I often doubted if all the contents of the bible were proper for children to read, there are numerous passages in the old testament that talked about carnage, slavery, and bigotry. Sometimes passages like this were extracted from the bible and put in a form as didactic materials for the young ones. And there were times I had confronted my deacons from church to address issues like this, and I had requested them to limit the teachings they enforced on the children. But often my requests were declined by the pastors, they always said that nothing could be detracted from the bibles' entirety and continued to expose the young ones to such teachings. But personally I do think these passages to a certain extent do have harmful effects on children, especially when they take them to the literal sense, and these passages can really serve as catalysts to discrimination and even hate crimes at school.

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are terrible - I agree. I've read the bible - I know how horrible it is.

: )

Those are only a couple among hundreds.  I would encourage you to pull up The Skeptic's Annotated Bible for a truly comprehensive list.

Thank You Loren I will do that

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service