Beyond Heaven and Hell: What Happens to An Atheist at Death

I am really hot to go to Hell. As I will be cremated, I will imagine the funeral director as a little man in a red suit with tail and little horns, who pokes at me as I crisp. Then, I will have breakfast with Nietzsche, lunch with Hemingway, and dinner with Chris Hitchens. You gotta admit, that's one hell of a day.

Views: 627

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good point.  It's like calling not playing golf a sport.

Well said. We don't believe in any god or gods, period. Some people just don't get that. In my case I've studied the Bible so much that belief was no longer an option. God is a myth!

But it's strange that you go to other so called atheist sites and eventually find someone who thinks "you are angry at god." They then do a switch on you and tell you how to "get back with god." The sites were theist after all. Wake up and get it. We have no belief system. There are no gods and therefore there is no deity to believe in! We die and we cease to exist.

If atheists worship anything at all it is reason.  Belief is fantasy.

Benoni,

Matthew 18:28

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

when you can introduce me to these at least 2 of these people that are still living, because some.... is greater than one, we have something to talk about...otherwise you have nothing  to say, because you are no different than all the other religious cult members through history that make claims they can't back up.

It seems that member Benoni is no longer with us.  (Thank god?)  His profile is gone but the posts he made during his short stay with us have somehow managed to live on eternally. 

Benoni, you need to go preach your bible myth somewhere else, by the way when I die I am going to the school of medicine jeje

Booklover is right! When you die, you are dead. Like deader than a door nail! You know NOTHING at this time. You were here but now you are gone. Pretty simple really.

But some have fancy ideas of death. You could take frozen peas (for example) and put them back on the vine again. This won't work! They are already dead. Once a cure for cancer has been found you can cure a man that died of cancer. Problem is - you forgot that he was already dead. You missed again.

Along this idea I have developed a time machine. It is and electric cord that you plug into the wall and it has a switch. Hook it up properly, throw the switch, and you are instantly into the future. It needs a little work though. I have yet to figure out how to bring you back.

I think death is why God caused the fall. 

This happens....

MB

Although i have told my wife i want to be cremated and the ashes mixed with concrete to make a garden ornament.. at the moment the preferred shape is a cast of my buttocks sticking up out of the ground.

I like that.  Still trying to figure out where my ashes should go.

Perhaps they could be added to a vat of porcelain.  That way, they could be poured into the molds used to make terlets.

I've heard of a ceramicist having this done with his own work. I'm not sure if the ash was mixed in with the glaze or his bones left in the kiln to flash his work, but it certainly is an interesting thought!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service