well now, It seems praying at the beach saved a 12 year old kid after he drowned. Glad the kid is OK but praying had nothing to do with it. Why didn’t they jump into the sea and save the kid. If god was around he would have helped. Ignorance just kills me. Could it be that medical science kept the kid alive??

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well, I prayed for the poor fuckers who died in Joplin, Mo.  Isn't that how it works?  I mean, I prayed hard, like for maybe fifteen whole minutes, and it really bogged down my day.  I even got out my mat and pretended I was Muslim!  Five fucking times!  What do you want me to do?  I prayed that my Mom would be healed from a brain tumour, but nooooo!  God was busy that day, washing his pimpmobile, chatting up the waitresses at fucking Hooters.

I watched this being reported by Diane Sawyer last night and she used the word 'miracle' quite a bit.   I'm getting so tired of this sort of reporting, aren't you?  Relying on sentimentality instead of science in these 'feel good' news stories.

The age of the boy, the fact he was healthy, and the cold temperature of the water have more to do with his survival than any prayer vigil.  Give credit where credit is due, for pete's sake.  The boy was given the medical attention he needed to survive another day and the credit goes to the medical team and the fast medical response.  (The definition of prayer is: how to do nothing and still think you're helping.)

Exactly mojo5501. Keep praying while everyone else is busy actually saving the lives you pray for. Actually that is kind of miraculous. The fact that someone would help a person who is praying instead of smacking them upside their head.
And this little field trip to the beach makes you wonder if precautions were taken: warnings against dangerous riptides.  Even strong swimmers cannot keep from being swept out to sea and here we have a 12 year old kid probably unaware of the dangers.  I hope this little 'miracle' teaches the lesson that safety has to come first...the Bible is an unreliable safety manual!   It wouldn't even serve as a decent flotation device...ha.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my stomach hurts
They must have been reading the attached sign.
Attachments:
Funny sign...and it applies on so many levels!  Swim at your own risk.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Sean Murphy replied to C.L.A.W.S.'s discussion Stem in the group Atheists who love Science!
25 minutes ago
The Flying Atheist commented on Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s group Food!
28 minutes ago
The Flying Atheist liked John Jubinsky's discussion Evidence Confirms Amelia Earhart not Lost at Sea but Landed on Uninhabited Island
36 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
51 minutes ago
The Flying Atheist commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
53 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
1 hour ago
Amanda Ashcraft posted a status
"Finally finished my move! And I managed to scrounge out two blog postings this month. Miraculous! My newest is here: http://j.mp/1vmSb3Y"
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
2 hours ago
Grinning Cat liked sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something
2 hours ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
2 hours ago
Daniel W (Sentient Biped) replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
2 hours ago
Daniel W (Sentient Biped) replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service