http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bachmann-end-times-are-coming...

on one hand, the fact that a person like her has been elected to the US Congress (more than once, even) lends credence to her claim.  on the other hand, it would be nice to not have to save for retirement.  

seriously though, if we're counting on people like Michelle Bachman to understand why we need to raise the debt ceiling we may be in more trouble than we thought.  i imagine that a global economic crisis would support her (batshit crazy) thesis.  

Bachman is a Dominionist.  and she's not alone in Congress.  would it be a stretch for those true believers to deliberately crash the world economy to bring about Jesus' return?  i do not think that it is.  

i'm starting to get worried.  

Views: 742

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that could happen after some major event prompts them to leave. For example, if Boehner uses Democratic votes to raise the debt ceiling, the Tea party might leave in protest.

I'd like the tea baggers to leave the US.  ;)

well we're about to find out.  House Reps just had a presser saying they're bringing a vote for a 6 week extension to the debt ceiling.  i'm not sure how they plan on passing it.  they may need Dem votes, but then again Michelle Bachmann (of all people) just said that she supports raising the debt ceiling.  crazy times.

Yes, she supports raising the debt ceiling but only after huge budget concessions from the President and his party.

Mark Fiore's Republican Doomsday Cult video captures it nicely.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/15/4_reasons_the_christian_right_longs...

more on this from Salon.  both interesting and scary as shit. 

I got a chuckle from point #3 regarding the secular zombie version of the end times.  I'm a big fan of the The Walking Dead television series.  However, I don't agree that I'm using a television program as a means of coping with death or to avoid dealing with real life world problems.  Believe me, I soberly face reality for what it is.  I'm not living in some fantasy world like these end-times christians.

Yes, Matthew, both interesting and scary as shit. 

The following is a Michele Bachmann quotation:

"Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President."

She's clueless; yet, she's an attorney and a "rising star in the GOP." This says it all regarding American society. People like Ms. Bachmann neither scare nor surprise me. They are far from rare. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service