Both my wife and I are both ethical Vegans, We both find in disturbing how few people within the atheist community don't see the dietary indoctrination that surrounds us in the same way that they do Religious dogma. In some ways the two are often very related.....

Discussion please:

cheers

Vegan Ape

Tags: animal, australia, ethics, nsw, vegan, vegetarian

Views: 843

Replies to This Discussion

I hardly think I conceded defeat, whereas my main point is disagreeing with your totally wrong argument that Atheism & religious dogma has anything to do with vegetarianism or meat eaters. This is a point that you have not been able to assimilate! Your later arguments about eating vegetables & supplements may have some merit & it may be possible to be quite healthy, but as I said, it has nothing to do with being an Atheist or not. Anyhow for me personally, I hate tofu & would consider it a hassle to do all the homework needed not to mention adding pills or volunteering for possible regular injections to boost my immune system. Therefore unless it's made more convenient to shop & change, I doubt you will encourage or convince people to do so. Furthermore, I actually don't have a problem knowing that some of the food I eat are animals, as I very much enjoy the taste and texture of roasted lambs, cows, pigs and many different fishes, inclusive of succullent prawns, crayfish & mussels, not to mention plump chickens & juicy turkey breast, just to name a few.  In regards to the idiot comment, unless yr prepared to back up your attacking words in person & not just hide behind the computer screen, shut yr Fn face, as being 6ft 3 and a prior boxer, I very much doubt you would be calling names to my face, as you could most likely be missing some teeth, even though you probably don't need them to eat yr vegetable mush & supplements. In future, just stick to the facts buddy, as name calling isn't winning.

I agree with your comment about the name calling - I don't think slander and name calling is the way to win a debate.....  come up with some convincing facts perhaps - but aiming to bully everyone into a view point really just highlights your weakness..... :)

I think with his physical threat he has retrospectively earned the name idiot......Not to mention the fact that all his points were debunked in my previous post....

"I hardly think I conceded defeat, whereas my main point is disagreeing with your totally wrong argument that Atheism & religious dogma has anything to do with vegetarianism or meat eaters. This is a point that you have not been able to assimilate!"

So you see no connection between the belief that all animals are here for us to exploit and our current diet......

"I hate tofu & would consider it a hassle to do all the homework needed not to mention adding pills or volunteering for possible regular injections to boost my immune system."

So you are only ethical so far as convenience allows,If the world ran this way it would be a total disaster.....OH wait it does!!!!  and just look at the wonderful results!!! War famine torture cruelty the list goes on.........

"I doubt you will encourage or convince people to do so. Furthermore, I actually don't have a problem knowing that some of the food I eat are animals, as I very much enjoy the taste and texture of roasted lambs, cows, pigs and many different fishes, inclusive of succullent prawns, crayfish & mussels, not to mention plump chickens & juicy turkey breast, just to name a few."

If  taste justifies cruelty torture and muder then why did we jail Jeffrey Dahmer???

"In regards to the idiot comment, unless yr prepared to back up your attacking words in person & not just hide behind the computer screen, shut yr Fn face, as being 6ft 3 and a prior boxer, I very much doubt you would be calling names to my face, as you could most likely be missing some teeth, even though you probably don't need them to eat yr vegetable mush & supplements. In future, just stick to the facts buddy, as name calling isn't winning."

You may actually be a bit disappointed as I am far from a typical looking vegan and your stats would not seem so impressive.....However if your best attempts at resolving your clear ethical defeat are physical threats of violence, then you have clearly justified the label of idiot retrospectively.

what we need is a mass suicide cult of humans - so that we can get the population down.... then all go back to hunter gathering - without agriculture, humans will never increase their population... the world human population was stable for a very long time, before the agricultural revolution - then it has spiked... similar to what the bacteria did in those bottles - in that Dawkins book, when they learned how to metabolise a new food....  I predict that our population will level off at some point - when we reach our limits of agricultural....

Alice, would you really rather have most of the human population commit suicide, than give up meat?  Clearly, you intend to remain.   

LOL - it's my black sense of humour - called a joke in common speak.... :)

Of course - I'd be staying.... LOL..... :)

Then your reason for not giving up meat is..............

Don't tell me......your a paleo dieter. Dr atkins pretty much subscribed to a paleo diet. He is dead by the way and much earlier than he expected I am sure. 

Bit of tongue in cheek on this one.....hope it is not too offensive....cheers

Kind regards VeganApe

I think you have failed to read my previous post.............................

No I have read it, I fear you may not have read all of mine, Not only are both my wife and I vegan but my wife is a celiac and both of us are on a gluten free diet. There is no one I can think of that can not achieve optimal nutrition on a well supplemented VEGAN diet utilising all Vegan supplements. Both of us have exceptional blood work results and this is all achieved on a vegan diet. Can you give me an example of an individual case for the requirement of meat, that can not be facilitated with a vegan alternative approach (other than being trapped on an island or incarcerated). I will admit it takes a lot of nutritional science to initially achieve and this is why so many people fail on a vegan diet. Ignorance is no excuse but it does make success difficult....cheers

PS if you could give an example of what areas of health resulted in your return to a murderous diet, I may be able to assist in an analysis of your departure from ethical eating.

Kind regards VeganApe

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service