Ancient philosopher Plato said he heard the legend of Atlantis from his father, who heard it from an Egyptian priest (known as Solon), and recently in fact they've found 4,000-year-old cocaine in an Egyptian mummy when coca plants only grow in South America, which means that 4,000 years ago, SOMEONE was trading between South America and North Africa (the Sahara used to be green and lush during the last Ice Age with a great river flowing into the Nile from the west - which means that the boundary of North African civilization was much further west into Libya or maybe as far as Argelia or Morocco).

We also know that in the last ice age, the ocean levels were much lower because more water was held up as ice, so that we're expecting a huge reservoir of archaeological finds to resurface in the next ice age, when water levels return to their ice age lows again.

Now, I'm generally a skeptic and in this age where anything passes for documentary on the History Channel, this story was suspicious but I read it in a Latin American newspaper, and then found this information on a submerged pyramid off the coast of Florida / Cuba, which I think is fascinating.  Please share and share your comments.

Vids on the find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klRbcEnLPbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk6SWtumdK0

AND THE NEWS HERE:

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/10/04/atlantis-found-giant-sphinx...

http://www.riseearth.com/2012/10/atlantis-found-giant-sphinxes-pyra...

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle (update)

By Terrence Aym 

Perhaps eclipsing the discoveries of Troy and King Tut’s tomb is the discovery of Atlantis. Now, two daring scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, claim they’ve found it. They discovered the submerged ruins of the ancient city off the shores of Cuba. In the distant past the region was dry land, but now only the island of Cuba remains above water. The ancient city is 600 feet below the ocean and the team of researchers led by Weinzweig and Zalitzki are convinced it is Atlantis—the city lost for more than 10,000 years. 

Atlantis found in Bermuda Triangle 

Two scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, working off the coast of Cuba and using a robot submersible, have confirmed that a gigantic city exists at the bottom of the ocean. The site of the ancient city — that includes several sphinxes and at least four giant pyramids plus other structures — amazingly sits within the boundries of the fabled Bermuda Triangle

According to a report by arclein of Terra Forming Terra, Cuban Subsea Pyramid Complex, the evidence points to the city being simultaneously inundated with rising waters and the land sinking into the sea. This correlates exactly with the Atlantis legend.

The disaster may have occurred at the end of the last Ice Age. As the Arctic icecap catastrophically melted it caused sea levels to rise quickly around the world, especially affecting the Northern Hemisphere. Coast lines changed; land was lost; islands (even island continents) disappeared. 

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
The Greek philosopher Plato wrote of lost Atlantis

At the end of last Ice Age sea levels were nearly 400 feet lower than present day levels. Once the waters began to rise, they rose swiftly. Conceivably, no technology then, or now, could have saved Atlantis from its watery grave. The evidence that land in what’s now the Caribbean also sank into the sea concurrently seems pretty certain. 

Arclein observes: “At the time uplifted portions of the Mid Atlantic Ridge subsided also including Lyonese and the home islands and land mass around the Azores. Even if that had not happened, this subsidence was amply large enough.

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmmm my BS senses are tingling...

I would have thought this would of made a bit more of a splash if there was anything credible to it.

MB

Rotflmao....

And the conformation of this find is to be found where?

There might be something there. But you wouldn't be able to tell it from this evidence. The side-scanning sonar "alignments" are artifacts of the transect pattern they used to drag the instrument. You see them on every such image.

The photos are just straight-up pareidolia.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Frank Moorman posted a status
"Heading to Las Vegas this weekend and hope to see the Tree of Knowledge, decorated with book covers, posted by the LV Coalition of Reason."
31 minutes ago
Frank Moorman updated their profile
41 minutes ago
Frank Moorman posted a status
"I signed up here four years ago, but did not participate, what with life taking some interesting turns. So I'll try again."
49 minutes ago
Frank Moorman replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
56 minutes ago
Daniel W commented on Dyslexic's DOG's blog post Wendy Wright (Creationist) arguably the Dumbest Person I've Ever Seen on Youtube!
1 hour ago
Loren Miller commented on Dyslexic's DOG's blog post Wendy Wright (Creationist) arguably the Dumbest Person I've Ever Seen on Youtube!
1 hour ago
Daniel W commented on Dyslexic's DOG's blog post Wendy Wright (Creationist) arguably the Dumbest Person I've Ever Seen on Youtube!
1 hour ago
Daniel W replied to James M. Martin's discussion Austin City Council Candidate Uses "I'm Devout Christian, He's an Atheist" Graphic on Her Website
1 hour ago
Pat replied to James M. Martin's discussion Austin City Council Candidate Uses "I'm Devout Christian, He's an Atheist" Graphic on Her Website
2 hours ago
Michael Penn commented on Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's blog post Einstein on God, narrated by Richard Dawkins
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to Pat's discussion Hello Dalai.., Err, Goodbye Dalai
2 hours ago
Daniel W replied to Daniel W's discussion "Pope Francis played Huge Role in Cuba Deal"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service