Atheist Nexus Logo

I'm an atheist who enjoys the family togetherness, and home cooked meals associated with Christmas. I don't have to worship the baby Jesus to enjoy giving gifts, rum-spiked eggnog, or honey baked ham. Is there any thing wrong with celebrating a holiday that you don't believe in? I personally don't think so, but what are your thought?

Tags: Christmas

Views: 210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do what you like. Live and let live. Celebrate whatever makes you happy. : )

I myself like celebrating the family and friends togetherness associated with Christmas.  I like giving my daughters Christmas presents, I also like taking my kids to go look at Christmas lights (the very well planned and detailed displays are quite amazing).  I love the good food and laughter, and you definitely can't go wrong with the rum-spiked eggnog.  You don't have to be a Christian to be in the Christmas spirit.

I personally celebrate Christmas like a pagan!  I love all aspects of Christmas, the food, the gift-giving, the music - even the old Christmas hymns.  Of course I don't believe in the Christian version of the birth of their god, but neither do I believe in Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion American Center for Law and Justice odd case
3 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion American Center for Law and Justice odd case
6 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark posted discussions
9 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion American Center for Law and Justice odd case
11 minutes ago
Paul Tourville posted a video

NewsUndies NU1521

All the news that shouldn't be news for May 22, including: * Talk About The Wild Frontier * Mission Creep? * Doctor of WHAT?! * Let Me See If I've Got This S...
22 minutes ago
Profile IconShannon, Misha H., Eric Sergent and 2 more joined Atheist Nexus
23 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion American Center for Law and Justice odd case
30 minutes ago
31 minutes ago

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service