About three days ago, I joined a Facebook group called Godless and Proud of It. Let me just say that, after a few days of putting up posts explaining how atheists should represent themselves to a world of believers to the best effect, I discovered that this group was more of a hate group than anything, where any and everything goes. It is my belief that most in that group are not true atheists, that with them atheism is just the big new thing. And perhaps many of them begrudgingly accept the non-existence of God, as if they're actually angry at God. It was a group full of vulgarity and mostly sex talk and in-fighting. They acted more like the shit slinging proto-apes both we and the other apes diverged from than atheists interested in  making the world a better place for all. I quit the group and reported them for harassment, because they had some pretty nasty things to say in response to my reasoned arguments.

Tags: Monkeys, Shit, Slinging

Views: 353

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Napoleon, I watched it too. I think it’s trying to cash in on the novelty of hearing staunch English gentlemen cursing like a New York ghetto street rats. Some of it vaguely reminds me of the swearing done in the movie Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

As for the link to Godless and Proud: Atheists, Anti-theists & Apostates, its:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GodlessAndProud/

Thanks David. I joined the group so I can see for myself.

Those kind don't care about reason. also god hating is pointless because it is hating on something that doesn't exist and never has. the imagination is a powerful thing.

But yet we all do it every now and again. because if we don't we can't separate ourselves from the Theists.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service