Atheists launch grassroots campaign to get unbelievers to `come out’

SO INCREDIBLY PROUD!!! My amazing wife, Amanda Brown, just had a story published about her and our WeAreAtheism.com campaign in Religion News Service. The Washington Post and several other major papers have already picked up on it... I'm sure more will soon.

We encourage you all to take part. Get your local groups to have a "SHOOT YOUR VIDEO NIGHT"!

STAND UP. Speak Out. Be Counted!

SEE FULL ARTICLE HERE:

http://www.religionnews.com/index.php?%2Frnstext%2Fatheists_launch_...

Tags: Adam, Amanda, AtheismResource.com, Brown, David, Silverman, WeAreAtheism, coming, out

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You american Atheists have it worse over there I think. In the UK, most christians are just the dusty old church goers and most are happy to live and let live. You guys seem to have a dangerous infestation of faith healers both deluded and con-artists.
I wish you all the luck in the world, hopefully we'll get an Atheist political party here soon too.

ADAM, you have sent a wonderful reply to my discussion on 'Whither Atheism'. I was delighted by  your words 'We are winning". I once again offer my best wishes to the success of you and your atheist friends in their struggle against the American believers. Remind them that Christianity also suffered persecution and won in the end. Now it is the turn of atheists to win. Christianity offered a better belief system compared to the Greek-Roman pagan religion and so it won. Today atheism is offering a much better and rational belief and, without any doubt, it is going to win. The Christians are irrational and in the end, they are going to loose. Adam, please convey my greetings to your adorble wife.

MADHUKAR KULKARNI.

Very nice of you to say. We are trying, everyday, to change things. Keep supporting us and our sites (WeAreAtheism.com and AtheismResource.com)

Thank you for the kind words... we have partnered with Atheist Nexus and Richard Dawkins Foundation. With help, we will be at the Reason Rally in DC next year. David Silverman, president of American Atheists, supports us and said we could speak on stage there. Look for big things next year from both our sites (AtheismResource.com is the other).

This is wonderful.  Thank you for speaking- out and being brave.  I'm so tired of religious people just talking about 'god' as if it's a fact and not expecting anyone to disagree with them.  I say what I can when I can, but sometimes it seems like there are just so damn MANY of them!!!  I am going to start speaking-up more.  I owe it to the rest of the Atheists out there.  Thanks!!!

You can start here: http://www.weareatheism.com/upload-video-essay/ Come out and speak out on our site..I look forward to getting your video and/or essay soon. We'll email you a link when it's up so you will always have a page online that tells your story that you can share with current and future friends and family.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
1 minute ago
Michael Penn replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
10 minutes ago
MagetheEntertainer posted a video

Evolution Is A Lie

Evolution is a lie Our buddy Josh is back with some more crazy religious nonsense, don't forget to share and subscribe Follow me on twitter @OffensiveKen Fol...
22 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to chares martel's discussion Do you agree with Dawkins on his views on pedophilia?
22 minutes ago
Deidre replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
23 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
25 minutes ago
C.L.A.W.S. joined Sentient Biped's group
25 minutes ago
Deidre replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
25 minutes ago
Profile IconC.L.A.W.S. and Jenni O'Bryon joined Ivy's group
26 minutes ago
C.L.A.W.S. joined Dr. Terence Meaden's group
26 minutes ago
C.L.A.W.S. joined Sentient Biped's group
28 minutes ago
Idaho Spud commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
29 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service