I received a email with a link this morning with an interesting topic.  The article titled "ADOPT AND ATHEIST" CAMPAIGN BEGINS was released by the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights. 

In the article, the Catholic League president Bill Donohue talks about the new initiative to quote "We want atheists to realize that there may be Christians in their community, even if those Christians don't even know they are Christian."  The basis it seems is to basically counteract a similar program set forth by the American Atheists looking for people in Christian families that maybe Atheists.  The adopt an Atheist campaign seeks to adopt those of us whom maybe "closeted Christians".

While there maybe some out there that are straddling the fence with their religious identity, I am curious to see what our local community has to say about this.  While I won't repeat the closing statement of the article, I urge you to read it for yourself, because who doesn't like "an added bonus"?

Tags: adoption, american atheists, atheist, catholic league, christian

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not likely.  You would probably end up with a religious pamplet, bible, or WWJD bracelet.  I do wonder if the adoption process backfires any on them.  You know, some poor Christian adopts an Atheist, but after repeated back and forth discussions, the Christian adopters end up being the adoptee to Atheism.  What great irony would that be? 

What the heck.  I'd be willing to be adopted by a 30 year old Christian millionaire sex starved model, who owns a bar on a golf course, insists that I hunt and fish all the time, is a gourmet chef, and lets me dominate the TV's remote control.

But seriously.  I consider the likes of scum bags like Bill Donohue, a shill for the world-wide conglomeration of child molesters, blood thirsty homophobes, and sexually repressed perverts, calling me "good for nothing" as a badge of honor.

bogus smoke n mirrors aka spam

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service