I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 15840

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NYC proud HELLENE here

Mesa, Arizona but have transplanted myself to Thailand of all places. 

Cairo, Egypt.
Where religion is used to control the gullible and stupid, also where religion is nothing but a beard and pretending to pray.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Sigh.

James, Kuala Lumpur has something right.

A few months ago I read of a privately-funded court there in which prosecutors charged Cheney et al with war crimes. The judge(s) found them guilty and forwarded the verdicts to the International Criminal Court (whose jurisdiction the US of A refuses to recognize).

Dick

cheney and the bush entourage are clearly guilty of war crimes. And Obama is coming up the ranks with the rest of them........

Yes. When either major party goes bad, the other major party follows.

The people who run the US of A have long been wanting an empire.

Could  I ask what sorts of key words you used in your google search?   I tried googling my name and "atheist" and "atheist nexus", and nothing came up.  I don't blame you for being concerned.  Privacy is important to many of us! 

I did the same thing with the same results B.K.  And, privacy is a concern for me also.  That's why I've not yet put my picture on the net, or my real name.

Privacy is important but results here seem to vary. After Tonya's post I took my first name and "nexus" to find that everything about me on here had popped up. Full name and all my posts, etc. I was shocked until I realized 2 things:

1.  Searching for yourself using the same IP address could be a factor.

2.  Different browsers will likely use different search engines.

It means there is not as high a reason to panic as you think there is. My employers are theists and so is my wife. I'm not wanting either one of them to have reason to "fire" me, so I don't want to be known for my postings here. The likelyhood of others coming up with the same info that you did when Googling yourself is lessened now, but at the same time what is on the Internet remains on the Internet. Those who are looking just have to have the right keyboard combo to find it.

I might also add that none of this is the fault of Atheist Nexus.

I did a "Bing" search on my real name, and on my psuedonym, combined with "atheist" and "nontheist" and came up with nothing.

Is it possible that there is another personw ith your name out there who believes (or disbelieves) like you do?

Good luck!  I totally understand not being willing to go "all out" on your disbelief.

If you google "Tonya Wynn" (her name) you do come up with links to this site.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service