I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 16533

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My wife's Father told me he seen the Jehovah Witnesses walking up to the door again after he just got out of the shower. They wouldn't take the no-thank you seriously, so this time he answered the door with just a smile. My mother in-law told me she had gotten up and could see the old ladies running into each other going in circles trying to leave. She told me she wishes she had a video camera.

Long Island, NY

Found a good website for a bit of fun trolling!

Originally posed as a Christian, now I'm moving to agnosticism and blaming the stupidity of the site's posts and concepts for making me ashamed to be a Christian and thus my move away from Christianity.

This is one of those wacky winghut sites that blames pop artists for bringing back the Nephilim (fallen angels) that supposedly died in Noah's Flood that didn't occur.

http://beginningandend.com/believers-escape-gods-wrath-biblical-for...

You'll find my posts under the name of: guddaym8

So for those who like doing a bit of light trolling, join in for some fun with stirring these incredibly dumber than dumb wingnuts.

Michigan here, Detroit area.

IaOrana Ia Oe!! Hello to everyone round the world, I make my home on the Sacred Island of Raiatea in French Polynesia, I enjoy spirited discussions with the Mormons, Jehova Witnesses, and the Angelicans along with any other xtian or religious nut that likes to cuss me out for telling him that the only difference between them and I is I believe in one Less Gawd than they do...
I am rapidly approaching my 3/4ths of a century mark in March, the 7th to be Exact and on my wish list is an Atheist Tee Shirt Medium and a Ball Cap all monogrammed with the Nexus Logo and the Scarlet A and the Statement "Athiest and Proud of it emblazoned on the back of the tee...

That's my wish list and I'm stickin' to it! Now if I can find a rich Uncle......

Here are a few photos that I shot recently and hope you might enjoy them.

Fa'atito

Attachments:

Hi Ken,

Beautiful pictures! What is the one called "Island Reflections" of? "Saturday Morning Run to Town" almost makes me believe in heaven - so lovely! I am only hovering around the half century mark so I still work full time. Today my coworker has xmas music playing and she asked me to read a paper she did for school. It was all about how we need to put jesus back in xmas. JEESH would I LOVE to be able to be more OUT!!! I wanted to say "this paper is shit because your premise is shit because religion is shit". Oh well, at least we have AN. And at least it is pretty where you live. Hang in there!

Carolyn, the Island Reflections was a photo of the image being reflected in a Glass Brick of a shower wall in a house that my friend just finished building in Tahaa.  I did a shoot of the work and the finish of the house and when I walked into the master bathroom shower the bricks each had a reflection that was making abstracts of the deck and walls and the yard outside, each one was different and each had it's own beauty.  I picked several but I was drawn to this one most of all....  Glad you liked it.    The Run to Town was taken of a paddler in a single man racing canoe and there were three of them meandering south in the lagoon heading for the village of Po'otoru this was the one I thought made the grade.

The Hibiscus is one of dozens that my wife has planted every day I get some different flower to shoot.  I guess that living in an endless summer is something I never tire of....

Attachments:
I am from Lorne, Victoria, Australia......A small tourist town on the south coast that has the population of 900, but in summer it turns into 30,000. It is a beautiful spot here. There is a few problems in this town, the first problem that always bugs me is the lack of intellectual stimulation. People here do not even know the world is round I swear and if you mention Hitchens or Dawkins they look at you like you are a leper. Fortunately in Australia we have total freedom of religious(or non-Theist) expression and the logical thinking crowd is multiplying!

Ben, welcome to A/N.

You Aussies have a v-e-r-y interesting prime minister. I've seen a few stories about her positions on issues. Most recently, her remarks about the Mayan calendar caught the attention of America's sensation-seeking news media.

There's an interesting shot of earth's lighted regions in today's (tomorrow's to Aussies?) NASA Astronomy Picture of the Day. The large lighted region of west-central Australia surprised me. Googling 'NASA APOD' will show you to its daily pic and to its archive of pix.

Wow, that IS a great picture. Glad to see the Gold Coast is not that crowded since i hope live there someday. It certainly looks less crowded than the northeast of America where I am now!

I ask the same question of everyone outside of the US. Is the cost of living high in your area ?Are properties or renting expensive ? I have been retired for some time and would love to visit in your part of the world.

Detroit Michigan.... Fighting for logic and reason.... and stuff...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service