I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 13865

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From Missouri....Originally the KC area, but currently in the St.Louis area. Show me State!!!

I live in Broadwater, Nebraska, a village of 128 people in the Panhandle sixty miles from a town over 1,500. My wife Beth Kz and I moved here last year from Oklahoma. I am originally from Michigan.

On November 5, the village government has its monthly meeting. At the September meeting, a board member resigned his post for health reasons, and passed away October 2. At the October meeting, the chairman asked for persons to submit their candidacy for consideration for appointment to fill the seat until the next election, amongst others, I applied.

The chairman has privately told me that of the candidates, I am the least controversial in the village (despite being an out atheist in a decidedly religious area). His presumption is that since Beth and I have made no enemies, work constantly as volunteers in community life, and other things, that the board will accept his nomination of me to the vacant seat.

An open atheist in Nebraska government? Stay tuned. . . .

Hi Carrot Hare. I was raised in Kailua, O'ahu, Hawaii.

Reminder: Though the end of the world is probably not nigh, CFI-Canada's Eschaton2012 Conference is fast approaching. Unlike some of the larger conferences, this small-scale event will provide many opportunities for interactions with guest speakers, who will be attending the social events, and many of the sessions.

For those who don't know where Ottawa is, here are a few examples of driving distances: Toronto-5h; Buffalo-6h; NYC-8h; Boston-7h; Syracuse-4h; Halifax-15h; Detroit 10h

A few discount tickets are still available - see eschaton2012.ca for more information.

Bahia, Brazil

DHK,

Can you get to California as so many Okies did during the 1930s. One here in the Napa Valley is mighty glad he's here.

Austin? Because then you could hang out with the crew from The Atheist Experience after the show every week! Boy I would love that.

DHK I'm in Austin and I think you would love to hang out with the atheists here. Yes, Carolyn is right we have the Atheist Experience tv show here!

The Wild West, U.S.A, LOL!  Guess they can send Annie Oakley or Wild Bill Hickock 2 rescue U!

I'm from London Ontario.

Hey Dylan - think you might be able to get to Ottawa for the best gathering of the Nones before the end of the world?

Maybe. Where in Ottawa will it be held?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service