I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 16558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Analyzing Pascal's Wager can exhaust people before they see all the options. Remember, he was good at math but religion had damaged his thought processes.

Try the following. If pictures help, draw a 2 by 2 box. Label the columns "god" and "no god" and label the rows "follow rules" and "ignore rules". Write the outcomes in the appropriate cells in the box.

1. Posit a god and follow her/his/its rules. You miss a lot of fun and in another life get the promised reward.

2. Posit a god and ignore her/his/its rules. You have a lot of fun and in another life get the threatened punishment.

3. Posit no god and follow "her/his/its" rules. You miss a lot of fun.

4. Posit no god and ignore "her/his/its" rules. You have a lot of fun.

I'm persuaded that Number 4 above is the most sensible wager.

Note: The rules above are the belief's rules, not the civil rules enforced by the sheriff and/or police.

India

I live in the southwest part of Indiana. So I am smack dab in the middle of all kinds of evangelicals and catholics.

I'm from the Metropolis of Man, West Virginia.  Yes, there is a town named Man.  Hello everyone and it's good to meet you all.  I'm new to the site so I am currently reading recent post and getting a feel for everything.  It is nice to be on a site with like minded individuals and not having to worry about the full inbox with nasty messages due to something I said, like on Facebook. 

Hey,gud τ̲̅ǿ have U̶̲̥̅̊ here and yes, U̶̲̥̅̊ r among friends

Morganton, NC

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

This picture is of  Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh.  greedy guru con  artist who took over a town in Oregon and poisoned the townspeople.  Why would an African atheist use a picture of an Indian cult leader, charged with felonies and deported from the United states?  My cynical and skeptical bells are going off.

Whose or what picture are you refering τ̲̅ǿ?

The post it was replying to has been deleted. Scam was caught/detected. It was basically a guy claiming to be an Atheist in Africa, and was asking for help to "get out". He would have likely asked for you to send money to help him. Obvious scam is obvious.

Wow!  We don't waste any time do we?  That guy did fool some of us. It is not easy to scam a bunch of skeptics, is it?

That guy had been chatting to me in a private chatroom on here every time I logged on for about a week. He never did give a convincing answer as to why he could always be online whenever I went on, considering he was a fugitive. My alarm bells were ringing very early on - I don't trust anyone who makes it apparent that they are asking for money from the off. Still, tried to be civil.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service