I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 15513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im from New Delhi India and feel equally isolated, India is still deeply religious and many age old evil customs that stem from religion are still practiced here. But there is a new upper middle class youth segment that has the capacity to think beyond religion.

Holy Cow!

It's good to hear about the new upper middle class in India. Let's hope they do well, even be a model for other countries. 

I rather assume that many of this movement will be familiar with (according to Wikipedia):

Cārvāka (Sanskrit: चार्वाक), also known as Lokāyata, is a system of Indian philosophy that assumes various forms of materialism, philosophical skepticism and religious indifference.[1]

There are roots as far back as the 6th century BCE.

Western Poland, suprisingly lots of aths in here :)

Arnold, MO, just south of St. Louis.

Pittsburgh, PA

USA

Middle east, Saudi Arabia T_T

Retired to Westmoreland County, PA (just east of Pittsburgh), conservative Christian territory, oy!

Hey Kitty,

The title of this thread is "Atheists Assemble.' If you would like to assemble with atheists, you might check out Sunday Assembly Pittsburgh. We launch on 9/28. It would be a nice break from the evangelicals you talk to every day :)

5 August MMXIV

Hi there from Calenzano, Italy, Andrew!

I wrote an essay on atheism, but when I tried to upload it to atheistnexus.org,

I was informed that it was too long.

May I send it to you?  (gmenxs@tin.it)

www.scribd.com/thewordwarrior

Cordially...

Anthony St. John

it may be too long for a comment reply but have you tried uploading it to your blog? Each member is given a blog with their account. I'm not sure what the acceptable length is for a blog entry but I am pretty sure it is much longer than the length for a comment.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service