I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 14651

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome, David

Fortunately not only I was born in an Atheist family but, also, in a country where religion doesn't play an important part in people's lives.

Hello - born in Liverpool, raised in Widnes and as a condition of my adoption I had to be raised in a practicing Catholic family. So I had the altar boy duties and the inculcation, aka attempted brain-washing, from day one. Despite this none of the indoctrination made sense and I continued to question and investigate...some of the big clues that I was being duped were - why is Jesus white? Isn't original sin just a vulgar con-trick to force people to sign-up? And the notion of transubstantiation was simply ridiculous - not bad questions/statement for a 10 year old! As you can imagine I was described as a troubled child lol!

You were a perfect case of a clever boy who was far smarter than the unquestioning adulating elders.

Thank you Terry - on reflection the simple insights and questions I raised should have been indulged and any entity, be it political, spiritual, cultural, secular etc should have had the courage of their own convictions and provided answers rather than condemnation and vitriol...I guess that's why I knew all those years ago that BS is BS

Shout-out from New Hampshire, land of Live Free or Die, home of the Free State Project.  But every litle town has a church. So there's this odd mix of hippies, yippies, yuppies, New Agers and gun-loving New England hicks.  Beautiful place.

Shoutout from Toronto. Leslieville says 'hi'!

Woohoo! Go Brampton!

Hello Carrot Hare,

I'm from Algoma, Wisconsin in the USofA. Algoma is 25 miles west of Green Bay on the shore of Lake Michigan. I see you are near the Great Lakes as well, they sure are great! lol

How wonderful to meet you!

Koo

McMinnville, OR

Born and raised in Haiti, Living in Montreal (laval).

Hello from Montreal, well Laval to be precise but Canada!

Hi, I live in Hedon, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Kingston upon Hull, UK.

Abid, Welcome!  Be careful about using your real name in these forums.  Other Moslem countries have harshly prosecuted atheists after discovering their Facebook, or other internet postings.  WE atheists Do NOT want martyrs!  We want you alive, happy, and healthy.  After all, you only live once!   ; -- )

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service