I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 15522

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is also THIS site counting all of the Atheists.

From India :D

Spokane, Washington State, USA. 

Is this an A roll call?
I a Freethinker at (and from) Dar es salam Tanzania
East Afrika

I'm from Galicia (Spain), a former independent kingdom - the first christian kingdom to emerge after the collapse of the western Roman empire and currently under Spanish rule.

Woodstock Georgia. I really hate the religious climate here, and I plan to move away as soon as I'm done with college.

Well, I'm from Pahoa Hawaii.  I came here looking for "OTHERS" and by that I mean NON-believers from Hilo side of the big island.  I am from shitty Oregon Pacific NW area.  But, Not shitty in a sense of the people but mostly the weather.  

Anyway, as "liberal" (yes the two party system sucks ass (I vote third party)) as oregon and washington is... I'm not moving to area's for faith agendas unless it's warm and tropical weather.  :)  I've got plenty of guns and ammo for my god fearing friends :) That is if it ever came down to another religious war.

But I doubt it will come down to that or one can hope anyway... On that Note:  If anyone on the hilo or kona side wants to get together I'm all for it!

ALOHA! 

Welcome Eric! You may not find many others from Hawaii on here but you WILL find a new community of friends from literally all over the world. Funny your attitude about Oregon weather. I have friends here in PA who are from Oregon and they are always going on about how great it is and how they want to move back there some day.

Have you considered Queensland, Australia? It is tropical and the percentage of atheists per capita is much higher than here in America (can you tell I've looked into this?) Anyway, welcome to a great community!

Hi Eric I'm live Texas but in '74 I lived a few months in Kutistown with my mother and graduated  from Hilo High. A very nice place.

I am from the red, racist, biased, bible thumping, very conservative state of... Arizona! Absolutely gorgeous but too bad most of the people here are clueless about humanity.

Richard, welcome to A/N.

I lived in Phoenix for seven years and found a few non-red, non-racist, unbiased, non-bible thumping, liberal or progressive folk.

I met many in environmental groups, a few in the big singles group at the Unitarian Church, and a few in political reform groups.

Arizona needed a lot of reforming then. After I left in 1976, the FBI did a sting on legislators and a few went to prison. And, look for Don Bolles in Wikipedia. The reporter, not the musician.

Again, welome to A/N.

Alas, I reside in what is arguably the reddest state in the United States: South Carolina (near Greenville).  I am originally from Syracuse, NY though, and moved here before my mind settled on atheism.  Love the weather, but the inability to openly discuss my atheism without fear of negative consequence is quite stifling, as is being constantly barraged with questions like "Which church do you go to?" and "Want to join our church?" and "Have you let Jesus into your heart?"  Um, none, no and most definitely no.  Regardless of their misguidance though, most are otherwise really decent people (and not the nutcases [i.e. Mark Sanford] you hear about in the news), and I have no intention of moving.

By the way, Toronto is a beautiful city and I hope to return again someday.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service