I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 15888

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will be in Austin for the atheist convention at the end of March.

Blue, yes. My wife and I visited the Unitarians and heard a speaker tell of the nearby nudists.

We visited them several times.

The Nudists, or the Unitarians?  ;-)

from fort worth texas, bringing the Enlightenment to the south

I'm from Kleinmond, South Africa!

Welcome, Susan.

Is "kleinmond" a combined German/French term for "small world"?

Several European nations, Germany among them, once colonized in Africa.

My mother and my dad's parents spoke German but none of them taught it in the family.

Hi Tom,

"Kleinmond" is an Afrikaans word meaning "small mouth" because the small town is located at the mouth of the Bot River lagoon.

Afrikaans is the language of the Afrikaans people - descended from the Dutch Calvinists and French Huegenots who colonized the Cape in the 1650s. Afrikaans was originally Dutch but it is a very bastardized language now. It is one of our 11 official languages (it was the official language in the old South Africa!). South Africans of British descent are considered a separate ethnic group from Afrikaners (out first language is English).

It's too bad that parents don't teach their kids their mother tongues! I am quite saddened that so many Afrikaans families now speak only English with their kids. Afrikaans is only spoken here in SA, so it could become extinct quite quickly. oh well, evolution and all that...

They tell me I am on a planet called earth

I am not big on where I am from.

But I am glad to be here.

Peace

I'm from Singapore. Cheers!

Welcome to AN! Singapore, wow. Last night I was chatting with a new member in Lebanon. I hope religion continues to decline.

Many thanks Carolyn. Happy to be here. I hope the delusions end too. 

Welcome, Buckeye, from a long-ago Cincinnatian, then Floridian, then Texan, then Arizonan, and now Californian. (And there's never been a sheriff looking for me!)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Tom Sarbeck replied to sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
14 minutes ago
The Flying Atheist commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
16 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
59 minutes ago
Amanda Ashcraft posted a status
"Finally finished my move! And I managed to scrounge out two blog postings this month. Miraculous! My newest is here: http://j.mp/1vmSb3Y"
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
1 hour ago
Grinning Cat liked sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something
1 hour ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
1 hour ago
Daniel W (Sentient Biped) replied to Daniel W (Sentient Biped)'s discussion Upscale Sodomites Spread Ebola @ Starbucks!
1 hour ago
Daniel W (Sentient Biped) replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Raëlian DNA research project: Science proves that consecrated wafers are still wheat and not Jesus
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo commented on Joan Denoo's blog post Feminism
2 hours ago
Freethinker31 replied to Luara's discussion A naked rambler
2 hours ago
sk8eycat replied to sk8eycat's discussion California Seems to Be Learning Something in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service