I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 14896

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reminder: Though the end of the world is probably not nigh, CFI-Canada's Eschaton2012 Conference is fast approaching. Unlike some of the larger conferences, this small-scale event will provide many opportunities for interactions with guest speakers, who will be attending the social events, and many of the sessions.

For those who don't know where Ottawa is, here are a few examples of driving distances: Toronto-5h; Buffalo-6h; NYC-8h; Boston-7h; Syracuse-4h; Halifax-15h; Detroit 10h

A few discount tickets are still available - see eschaton2012.ca for more information.

Bahia, Brazil

DHK,

Can you get to California as so many Okies did during the 1930s. One here in the Napa Valley is mighty glad he's here.

Austin? Because then you could hang out with the crew from The Atheist Experience after the show every week! Boy I would love that.

DHK I'm in Austin and I think you would love to hang out with the atheists here. Yes, Carolyn is right we have the Atheist Experience tv show here!

The Wild West, U.S.A, LOL!  Guess they can send Annie Oakley or Wild Bill Hickock 2 rescue U!

I'm from London Ontario.

Hey Dylan - think you might be able to get to Ottawa for the best gathering of the Nones before the end of the world?

Maybe. Where in Ottawa will it be held?

Eschaton2012 runs from November 30 - December 2 - more information at eschaton2012.ca

There are talks on evolution, science, skepticism, gender issues, theocracy vs secularism, godless ethics, parenting beyond belief. Featured speakers include blogger PZ Myers, author Ophelia Benson, philosopher Chris DiCarlo, science education activist Eugenie Scott, and many others.

Saturday evening there's a gala "Night at the Museum" (held at the Canadian Museum of Nature), which includes a reception, talk by PZ Myers, and late night special events, with exclusive access to the Fossil Gallery and Earth Gallery.

Attendees will have lots of opportunities for contact with the speakers, most of whom are not just guest lecturers, but will be active participants at sessions and socials.

A few discount tickets are still available - see eschaton2012.ca for
more information.

I'll try...

Scratch that "I'll try" crap. I just registered, and got a hotel room for 3 days. So yeah, I'm coming... I wasn't sure at first because this Friday I'm attending a SOFREE brunch in Kitchener. But it turns out I can make it.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service