I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 14692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Arizona is one of the worst for being anything but the general religious populace. It is tough being  Hispanic, gay, atheist . That bitch of a governor and the legislature has all the cards. I hope they vote her out but to many zealots in that state prevent that from happening.Florida is no picnic but in my area it is tolerable.

I feel for you John,we hear all about Arizona here in Australia, the great american dream doesn't apply in Az unless you're a white, wealthy, fundie who votes republican.

Wherever there is bigotry, hatred and ignorance, religion is not far away.

"Wherever there is bigotry, hatred and ignorance, religion is not far away."

They have a commutative relationship; wherever there is religion, bigotry, hatred and ignorance are not far away.

Thanks Tom, yes definitely commutative.

Whenever we get the fundies knocking on our door I always ask how they feel about the people in our neighborhood (Newtown in Sydney very large LGBT population) and according to the last census 77% of all residents recorded no religion.

They always show that ingrained ignorance in their reply, "you have to answer to god" that's when I tell them to get off my doorstep because their bigotry is showing.

Victoria, Australia, Oi Oi Oi!  LOL!

Aussie Aussie Aussie? lol.

I used to live in Sydney mate, for 6 or 7 years, and of course they told me how horrible and insular and rotten and depraved Melbourne was, so I never went there until a couple of years ago. I was never so deceived!, I don't know why I ever did trust them Sydney-siders, it is not as if I didn't know that they all tell lies for entertainment, after all.

Melbourne is an amazing city, none of Sydneys cramped little roads, lots of lovely parks and the public buildings all built on heroic scale. The people were a little less friendly than in Sydney, but  I would certainly tell visitors they absolutely had to make  a week long visit to the place.

Carrot Hare, do you have any number on the responses you received since you started this post ? 

Hey friends! Kentwood, MI here - beautiful this time of year, though sad, as summer (fav season) is ending.

It's only warming up here, one month into spring and already temperatures into those expected late spring, is this evidence of global warming or just freakish seasons?   :-D-

Harrogate, England

Cleveland, Ohio. Beer-belly above the religion belt....

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Home of Aussie Rules football and the Carlton Football Club!

A great place to live, where one can be openly atheist without any recriminations, sneers, put downs, or the like, quite simply because most people simply don't give a phuq!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service