I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 14895

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

shaffi , India

now Malaysia ......
too much sufferings !!!!! 
:(((

Windermere in rainy Cumbria, the UK. Pretty but damp... Anyone else from around here?

Texas Gulf Coast, tip of the heart of the Bible Belt.  Mostly Catholic population.  In my mind it is Nueces City.  That is because it sits on the Nueces River, and although in Spanish nueces usually contemplates pecans or walnuts, in Spanish it's also a word of choice for "nuts" as in Donald Duck crazy.  We have our very own local Joel Osteen wannabee, too.  Has a local mega-church now seen on the Booblical TV networks.

Hello, Poland here :) A city called Lodz. I wonder how many other Polish atheists have joined this site!

Tennessee :D Atheist living in the Bible Belt. WOOT!

I just would like to say, to all the people like Nia, who suffer this sort of thing, keep smiling, we are slowly winning.

Remember, you could always come down to live in New Zealand or Australia if you get sick of being repressed. Almost unheard of here for religious people to dare to disapprove of someone not believing in sky-beard-man stories.

Even our sub-communities such as Sikh and Catholic and Muslim people are almost understanding of their own people who lose faith. We have a kind of tolerant attitude to peoples beliefs here.

I was going to make a joke about that, but actually, on consideration,

Let Portugals loss be New Zealands gain, you would be very welcome I think. Though to be perfectly honest and open with you, the shops, beaches and weather is far nicer in Australia!. ( It hurts a Kiwi to admit that in public, but I know my duty to a friend, Nia. :) ) Half a million Kiwis live in Australia simply because it is more fun and less rain.

Auckland University though, has always had a pretty good reputation for research!. The sailing on our Harbour is pretty amazing too. 

I would love to visit/live in Australia if it were not the expense of moving and finding somewhere to live. I have heard some great things of the beauty of Australia.

Good for you. I live in Florida on the SE coast with many bible thumpers. I don't hide my atheism but I have the benifet of an atheist Meet Up group. Not all the believers shun me but they make no bones about it when they do. I could care less. As long as atheist hide in the closet the longer it will take to be accepted

I'm from Wyobraska. (Nickname for the Nebraska Panhandle.) About as far from civilisation as you can be in the continental USA, more specifically Broadwater (population 128). Sixty miles (100km) E of Scottsbluff, Nebraska, and sixty miles N of Sidney, Nebraska (the home of Cabela's).

Life in this village is pretty slow, the biggest thing recently that happened here was a bull attacked the post office in the middle of the night smashing its door, then stampeded up the street in front of our house and left a cow pie in the street out front.

The streets are dirt, everything else is dirt too, and the village runs on cattle and corn.

Hobbiton, Middle Earth.

Which is cunningly hidden in plain sight in Auckland, New Zealand.

*Waves hello to the north and north west*

I'm from Ottawa, Canada.

For those looking to assemble physically/IRL: We have a major atheist conference coming up here at the end of November.  We're only 5 hours by car from Toronto, 2 from Montreal, 6 from Buffalo, 8 from NYC and Boston (and also have a train station and international airport for those farther afield).  Hope to see some of you there: eschaton2012.ca

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joseph P replied to Rick Springfield's discussion Religion the virus of society in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 minute ago
Pat commented on Freethinker31's blog post Respect for other peoples culture
2 minutes ago
Luara replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
4 minutes ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
16 minutes ago
Deidre32 liked Steph S.'s discussion Without god what's to stop me from raping all I want? Penn Jillette answers
18 minutes ago
Deidre32 replied to Steph S.'s discussion Without god what's to stop me from raping all I want? Penn Jillette answers
19 minutes ago
Deidre32 posted a status
"almost friday!"
25 minutes ago
Luara commented on Freethinker31's blog post Respect for other peoples culture
42 minutes ago
Steph S. replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
43 minutes ago
Steph S. liked John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years
44 minutes ago
Dr. Terence Meaden liked John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years
49 minutes ago
Sentient Biped replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
49 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service