I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D

Just give a holler and let everyone know what area you represent!

I'm from Brampton, but for the sake of simplicity I'll say Toronto! WOO!

Views: 14653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The world's good people owe Kuala Lumpur a big THANK YOU. Your courts earlier this year convicted our Bush, Cheney, etc for war crimes and reported the verdict to the World Court.

Someone long ago said the wheels of justice grind slowly but exceedingly fine. It's time to get on with the fine grinding.

Welcome to A/N.

I wonder how many war crimes Obama will be found guilty of in the future for the hundreds of assassinations by drones of targets and the thousands of innocent casualties from those strikes he has committed?

The convictions are worthless. They cannot be enforced unless the convicted are sill enough to visit the countries where they have been found guilty. 

John, I too will go off subject. In the news a few weeks ago: a court in Kuala Lumpur convicted Bush, Cheney and a few allies of war crimes and forwarded their judgement to the World Court. I doubt that Bush, Cheney and their allies will leave the US of A soon; they won't get arrested and put on trial here.

Going back on subject: I was at the University of Florida when I left Catholicism for agnosticism. Until I retired and moved to California, I was too busy (and too happy) to consider the matter further. I recently left agnosticism for atheism.

Very few xians give me any flak. When one does, I tell him religion is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on humankind.

Robert, you stated Republican (Tea Party?) views well, but most of the people who post on this thread tell us what part of the world they are from.

Hey Tom,

Typical of a liberal, like religious people, to discount someones views because they don't fit with their own. You are right I am conservative, but you ignore the fact that the nobel peace prize winner Obama has started several wars without  congressional or U.N. approval and has an assasination list and is murdering innocent people as we speak. I could have easily been an anti-war leftist except as everyone knows, they are silent about Obama's war crimes. They just don't like unsanctioned murders when it is done by conservatives.  Perhaps the peace prize gives him the pass that I am unaware of?

I listed where I am currently living weeks ago, but will do so again.  Currently South Dakota USA, previously, California, Germany, Texas, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Illinois, Nevada, New Hampshire, and now South Dakota in that order. 

Well, I am an outsider, so will offer a kind of unbiased opinion.

You were not doing anything much more than logically extending their mention of Bush/Chenys actions, so a person unaware of US political feeling would have just said "Yep, I suppose that is quite right". And they did raise the topic after all, which made Obama not just fair game, but perfectly logically in play as game. A sitting duck in fact.

And you are right, if the UN ever became more than a toy for the countries with vetos, more than a few heads of state would join milosevic and Thomas Lubanga Dyilo in  Brussells prison.

But he didn't "discount" your views at all, you realise. Merely linked them to the team we know them from, which must  be thought to be kind of cheeky to you I suppose. But they are on your side of the fence, right?. ( Which must be a bit of an unhappy thought, but that is politics eh? :P )

Which is your favourite state to live in?. Such a big place, the USA.

Belleville, NJ! woooo 

Small town Yuma, AZ here. There are a lot of Atheists (non-Theists) here but they're more closeted than our GLBTQ people. I try to spread my Atheist and Humanistic philosophies best I can without being tarred, feathered and run outta Dodge, ha.

My latest rants, raves have been about how bible-thumpers are destroying women's rights and the new bible challenge game show on game show network.

In the 1970s, while driving through your town from our Phoenix home to San Diego, I told my wife that living in Yuma would require a sense of humor, and I see you have one. Welcome to A/N.

shaffi , India

now Malaysia ......
too much sufferings !!!!! 
:(((

Windermere in rainy Cumbria, the UK. Pretty but damp... Anyone else from around here?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service